Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Company: STS Technical Services
Posted on: May 25, 2023
is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers--in . Hiring Note:
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for
any employer. Position Summary:As the Maintenance Controller
(Maintenance Liaison), you will affect Airlines??? business growth
through your role supporting the maintenance department by
evaluating maintenance discrepancies, coordinating the affected
maintenance personnel, clearly and efficiently communicate
maintenance actions, aircraft status, and supply challenges to a
broad range of internal customers while ensuring safe and efficient
flight operations.----We are offering pay rates between $49--and
$55--per hour, and bonuses are also available on a case by case
basis. Pay Rates and Bonus availability will be determined and
based on previous experience. Essential Functions:
- At the beginning of each shift, determine
maintenance/inspections, unscheduled maintenance requirements,
items awaiting maintenance and available work force.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate any aircraft
information to internal customers and management by the use of
various sources of media: phone, radio, and electronic.
- Coordinate the maintenance discrepancies and corrections of all
operational aircraft, monitor all mechanical problems on the line
extending every effort to reduce and hold maintenance recovery time
to the very minimum.
- Coordinate parts and manpower requirements for repairs.
Monitoring field repairs and coordinating the return of parts to
their home base.
- Ensuring maintenance documentation is complied with on PSA
aircraft as required.
- Coordinate with the Stores Department for the current status of
AOG parts in progress for aircraft requiring repairs.
- Monitor aircraft availability and coordinate any equipment
changes between the Maintenance Department, scheduling, DCA HCC and
- Monitor the current MEL List for inbound aircraft. Review parts
required and coordinate with AOG desk for parts movements.
- Coordinate with Dispatch and Maintenance Planning on MEL and
CDL procedures and status.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PSA Maintenance
Operations Manager and STS Base Manager or their designee.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Ability to navigate aircraft manuals and company manuals.
- Strong ability to utilize MS Office Suite, maintenance software
and navigate BBD IFly website, flight plot and MXi.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced,
multi-functional environment across various departments and
possessing good communication skills.
- Advocate for Safety & Compliance.
- Embrace Air Carrier Safety Management System (SMS).
- Experience with DCA operations and airport challenges a
- This is not a supervisory position. Work Environment:
- This job operates inside a climate-controlled building.-- This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and listen.-- This is largely a
sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally;
lift weight up to 25 lbs. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time (days and shift hours are determined by STS Base
- Travel: No travel is expected for this position Required
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A&P certificate
- Must have 1 years of CRJ or part 121 line maintenance
- In good standing (no issues with attendance or
- Firsthand experience with DCA operations is a PLUS Additional
Eligibility Qualifications:To be successful in this position, you
should be great at:
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Clear and concise communication
- Performance management
- Ability to strategically think Security Clearance:
- All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based
criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49 CFR 1542.209 as well
as a pre-employment drug screen. Other Duties:
- Please note this job description is not designated to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Rate of Pay:
- Paid--per hour, based on previous experience and formal
training, with the starting rate of pay for this position being
between $49--and $55 per hour
- $5000 Retention Bonuses are available on--a case by case--basis
??? and are determined based on previous training and experience.
About STS Line Maintenance:STS Line Maintenance operates 41 line
maintenance stations throughout the United States, Bahamas, United
Kingdom and France. At each of these stations, our team(s) offer a
full range of support services, FAA / DER engineering assistance,
AOG response teams and enhanced reliability through rapid response
times. Skilled mechanics stand ready to handle RON maintenance,
turnaround checks, non-routine discrepancy reports and ground
equipment maintenance via scheduled or on-call action. To learn
more about STS Line Maintenance and what makes it the company with
???Solutions to Keep You Flying,??? please visit-- or call
1-800-359-4787 ext. 9176. #Talent
Keywords: STS Technical Services, Arlington , Aircraft Maintenance Controllers, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...