Posted on: March 17, 2023
Why join our team?
USO mission and exceptional team, around the world, make this a great place to work. We offer generous paid time off, including volunteer days and military leave. We have an exceptional 401k match, great benefits including training/education reimbursement and really fun team members that put the mission first. Working for the USO is more than a job. Its a calling. (Do what you like, like what you do)!
Here is what an independent external survey told us:
* 97% agree they like the work they do
* 90% are satisfied with the pay and benefits
* 95% would recommend working here to friends and family
* 95% would recommend the USO services to a friend
The Cyber Analyst will monitor enterprise security posture, coordinate and implement security improvements, and proactively remediate vulnerabilities or incidents to improve security, compliance and audit posture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
* Monitor and search systems and networks to identify vulnerabilities and apply remediations in order to preempt cybersecurity incidents or breaches.*
* Maintain and update knowledge of relevant cybersecurity threats and incident response best practices.*
* Review logs and reports of all-in-place devices, whether they be under direct control or not. Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.*
* Triage incidents to determine scope, urgency, and potential impact, identify the vulnerability and either make recommendations or implement swift remediation.*
* Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to develop requirements specifications for cyber security and operational needs.*
* Assist with the deployment, configuration, management and maintenance of all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems & anti-virus software.
* Report to IT leadership on security status, improvements, risks and remediations to address.
* Provide awareness and education to IT and business on security processes and best practices.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field desired.
* 2-5 years work experience in a security-related position, including network infrastructure management desired.
* Security+ or other relevant security-related designation(s) a requirement.
* Familiarity with endpoint operating systems and Windows servers, security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, system encryption & anti-virus software.
* Knowledge of Azure and Microsoft 365 is desired.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
* Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
* Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid drivers license.
* This position is located in Arlington, VA. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
* USO locations will adhere to local area and DOD guidelines regarding COVID vaccination/testing requirements. Employees may be required to be vaccinated or tested regularly per local requirements.
* Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
* Background check education, criminal and driving required.
* The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
If thats not enough to convince you, here are some direct quotes from employees:
* The organization truly cares about the people who work here.
* I have been with the USO for 4 years and have consistently been able to grow in my knowledge and position. It is a fun place to work and my work/life balance is manageable. The way the organization has handled COVID has been top notch - I never felt fearful that I would lose my job or be put in a situation where I did not feel safe. The benefits are great - PTO and 401k matching are top level.
* There is great consideration given and extended in the following areas: organizational core values for all, work-life balance, impact we can actually see (and even experience as a staff member- the feeling of making an impact is priceless), autonomy with respect to current position within the organization.
* Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. We collaborate well together and share ideas and interests to create fun activities for our overall goal in the community. I couldn't think of a better organization to work for.
* The mission alone provides a positive and meaningful purpose, where people should want to work and be a part of. Most of the people who work for the USO and volunteer for the USO have giving hearts and want to make a difference. This also makes the organization a place where people would want to work.
* The mission and opportunities to make a Difference are amazing. There is no doubt that the USO is one of the most forward-facing, frontline serving nonprofits that I know of.
Apply today and be a force behind the forces
Why join our team?
Keywords: USO, Arlington , Cyber Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
here to apply!