Company: United Service Organizations (USO)
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Why join our team?
USO mission and exceptional team, around the world, make this a
great place to work. We offer generous paid time off, including
volunteer days and military leave. We have an exceptional 401k
match, great benefits including training/education reimbursement
and really fun team members that put the mission first. Working for
the USO is more than a job. It's a calling. (Do what you like, like
what you do)!
Here is what an independent external survey told us:
- 97% agree they like the work they do
- 90% are satisfied with the pay and benefits
- 95% would recommend working here to friends and family
- 95% would recommend the USO services to a friend
The Cyber Analyst will monitor enterprise security posture,
coordinate and implement security improvements, and proactively
remediate vulnerabilities or incidents to improve security,
compliance and audit posture.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and search systems and networks to identify
vulnerabilities and apply remediations in order to preempt
cybersecurity incidents or breaches.*
- Maintain and update knowledge of relevant cybersecurity threats
and incident response best practices.*
- Review logs and reports of all-in-place devices, whether they
be under direct control or not. Interpret the implications of that
activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.*
- Triage incidents to determine scope, urgency, and potential
impact, identify the vulnerability and either make recommendations
or implement swift remediation.*
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to develop
requirements specifications for cyber security and operational
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, management and
maintenance of all security systems and their corresponding or
associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection
systems, cryptography systems & anti-virus software.
- Report to IT leadership on security status, improvements, risks
and remediations to address.
- Provide awareness and education to IT and business on security
processes and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field
- 2-5 years' work experience in a security-related position,
including network infrastructure management desired.
- Security+ or other relevant security-related designation(s) a
- Familiarity with endpoint operating systems and Windows
servers, security systems and their corresponding or associated
software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, system
encryption & anti-virus software.
- Knowledge of Azure and Microsoft 365 is desired.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to
controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to
handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail
with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing
priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing
- Ability to achieve desired results while working
collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to
access USO Center locations and facilities including but not
limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA
status, valid driver's license.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA. Preference will be
given to local candidates within commuting distance to the
- USO locations will adhere to local area and DOD guidelines
regarding COVID vaccination/testing requirements. Employees may be
required to be vaccinated or tested regularly per local
- Resume and cover letter are required for full
- Background check - education, criminal and driving
- The statements contained herein describe the scope of the
responsibility and essential functions of this position but should
not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work
requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned
including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to
equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
If that's not enough to convince you, here are some direct quotes
- The organization truly cares about the people who work
- I have been with the USO for 4 years and have consistently been
able to grow in my knowledge and position. It is a fun place to
work and my work/life balance is manageable. The way the
organization has handled COVID has been top notch - I never felt
fearful that I would lose my job or be put in a situation where I
did not feel safe. The benefits are great - PTO and 401k matching
are top level.
- There is great consideration given and extended in the
following areas: organizational core values for all, work-life
balance, impact we can actually see (and even experience as a staff
member- the feeling of making an impact is priceless), autonomy
with respect to current position within the organization.
- Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. We collaborate well
together and share ideas and interests to create fun activities for
our overall goal in the community. I couldn't think of a better
organization to work for.
- The mission alone provides a positive and meaningful purpose,
where people should want to work and be a part of. Most of the
people who work for the USO and volunteer for the USO have giving
hearts and want to make a difference. This also makes the
organization a place where people would want to work.
- The mission and opportunities to make a Difference are amazing.
There is no doubt that the USO is one of the most forward-facing,
frontline serving nonprofits that I know of.
Apply today and be a force behind the forces
Keywords: United Service Organizations (USO), Arlington , Cyber Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...