Desktop Support Technician
Company: Robert Half
Posted on: June 21, 2022
This position is full-time Hyrbrid and is located in Arlington,
Virginia. Two days a week on site and three days work from home.
Core Working Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The Desktop Support & Infrastructure Technician position is
responsible for ensuring a stable and secure operation of the
clients in-house computer and network systems, so that end users
can accomplish business tasks. This includes managing all network
hardware, systems, and software, resolving end user hardware and
software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and
providing end user training where required. Duties and
- Deploy, maintain and support communications, phones,
workstations, servers, printers, scanners and network systems.
- Create and maintain "Golden Image" solutions for both baseline
and department-level deployments.
- Prioritize, document, and resolve incoming help requests from
end users in a courteous manner utilizing your skills and
diagnostic utilities as required.
- Tracks help desk requests, including all successful and
unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final
resolution. Escalate problems when necessary.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to
prevent future problems.
- Analyze system-logs and identify potential issues with computer
- Develop and contribute to knowledge base and frequently asked
questions lists for end users.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the Association.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading hardware and software, implementing file
backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and
cleaning of workstations, servers, printers, and peripherals.
- Manage network hardware and equipment, including PCs, servers,
printers, and switches including inventory controls.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of
network component inventory and related documentation and technical
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and
storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding
privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware
improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or
- The position will require flexibility to travel to remote data
centers and possible telecommuting/work from home when
- Perform other duties as required.
- Candidates will have a relevant Associate's degree and/or a
minimum of 1-2 years previous experience and/or a current Microsoft
- Extensive application support of MS Office Suite and mainstream
productivity software applications, with a working technical
knowledge of PC and server operating systems, including Windows 10
Professional and Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 a must.
- Extensive knowledge of Atlassian support tools; Extensive
application support of M365 suite and mainstream productivity
software applications, with a working technical knowledge of PC and
server operating systems.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of basic computer hardware,
including Intel based personal computers, printers, scanners, and
- Also, candidates must have a working technical knowledge of
current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including
switches, IP Networking and DNS/DHCP.
- All candidates must have demonstrated ability to organize
numerous tasks and effectively prioritize and execute.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability, with a keen
attention to detail and strong documentation skills are
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication
skills, as well as be highly self-motivated and directed with
strong interpersonal customer service skills.
Full Benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, 401k,
life and disability insurance, educational loan assistance, tuition
reimbursement and parental leave and so much more.
Keywords: Robert Half, Arlington , Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!