Senior Maintenance Technician - Sheffield Court
Company: Equity Residential
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Our Senior Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each
community's success. They are our repair leaders who provide the
technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide
guidance and training to other maintenance professionals. From HVAC
to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Senior Maintenance
Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every resident's
satisfaction. Senior Maintenance Technicians are personable,
multi-talented, technically skilled individuals with a passion for
fixing things and a keen eye for detail.
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will work with one of our
top property management teams to provide exceptional service to
residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of
skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and
respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by
being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring
for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
WHO YOU ARE
* Technically Savvy. You have a solid understanding of general
maintenance and technology and are quick to learn new skills.
* A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand
the timeline and process for repairs.
* A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the
best experience to residents.
* Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance
to avoid emergencies.
* Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy
engaging with others.
* Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies
and quickly find solutions.
* Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
* Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting
teammates and residents know they matter.
* Organized.You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Repair and enhance our community.You'll be responsible for
repairing and maintaining allplumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance,
carpentry, and painting needs at the community.
* Build rapport with residents.You'll make positive connections
with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them
and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
* Manage service requests.You'll launch into action when
maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and
prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident
* Know the make-ready schedule.You'll monitor apartment vacancies
daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and
* Tend to preventive maintenance.You'll safeguard equipment with
regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing
* Notice the details.You'll walk the property daily, inspecting all
areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great
* Lead and coach others. As a senior member of your team, you'll
help to mentor, train, and develop your teammates. And in the
absence of your Service Manager, you'll assume managerial
responsibilities by managing service requests, delegating tasks,
and supervising and directing the work of your teammates.
* 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
* Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and
rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
* Reliable and consistent form of daily transportation to and from
work, including after hours for emergencies
* Computer proficiency and frequent daily use of / proficiency with
a Smartphone with updated software (either a personally owned or
* Please clickto learn more aboutEquity Residential's Covid-19
Vaccination Requirements (Haga clicpara obtener masinformacion
sobre los requisitos de vacunacion Covid-19 de Equity
* HVAC experience and EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal),
if applicable for region/community
* Trade school or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
* High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT US Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading
multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our
purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means
striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly
about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the
ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets -
New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco,
Southern California, and Denver - provides homes where people most
want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the
business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and
customer loyalty ratings. That's why our employees say they are
proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place
where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our
employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won't be treated as simply
another employee -- you will be considered a partner in our shared
success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal
success through a benefits program that supports your Total
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work.
That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical,
dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits
options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet
insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community
service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find
your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential
apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees.
The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the
market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from
everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent,
cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform
for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are
harnessed to create value -- in ideas, business practices,
relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and
equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity
employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free
from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not
discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race,
religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or
mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military
(including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status,
marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or
any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also
prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or
discrimination, or participate in investigations into such
Keywords: Equity Residential, Arlington , Senior Maintenance Technician - Sheffield Court, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!