Mechanical Controls Technician
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Johnson Controls' Covid-19 responseAs a trusted partner to the
federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls
Federal Systems (JCFS) provides energy efficient solutions and
installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750
federal sites and military installations worldwide. As part of the
Johnson Controls team, a Fortune 500 company with over 100,000
employees, with the largest portfolio of building technologies and
solutions in the world, we are passionate about designing,
constructing, and maintaining security, energy efficiency, water,
utility savings, and fire projects at federal and military sites
around the world.We are seeking a Mechanical Controls Technician to
support our team based at the Pentagon.Benefits: Eligible for
benefits on first day of employmentVacation: Eligible for 3 weeks
of paid vacation per calendar yearWhat you will doUnder general
direction, perform preventive maintenance, repair, installation,
commissioning, troubleshooting and/or replacement of HVAC Controls
Systems & Equipment, Building Control Systems, and occasionally
Fire/Security Systems. Mostly, work will involve Johnson Controls
Metasys brand of building automation systems and controls
products.How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic control system malfunction's
requiring knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls
systems, and testing and writing modifications of systems
- May assist with sketches of field changes and discrepancies for
engineering corrections and drawings.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems
operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for
training needs as required.
- Provides support to the mechanical staff to troubleshoot
- Ensures work is being performed in compliance with company,
state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job
with the highest level of ethics.
- Properly completes all required company, customer, and service
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion,
customer training forms, training certificates and punch
- Conducts self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve
and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines.
Completes certifications as required by the company.
- --- Installing cabling, field equipment & control equipment
enclosures in customer locations according to the national electric
code, company and customer guidelines.
- Use of electronic test equipment to troubleshoot complicated
problems during installation.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and
operational product manuals.What we look forRequired:
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Mechanical systems, Computer
Technology, Air Conditioning, or equivalent experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience commissioning,
troubleshooting or installing DDC systems.
- Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems,
facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral
equipment installation and servicing techniques.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards.
Provides safety leadership and instruction to all Technicians.
Provides safety awareness and instruction to subcontractors on
Johnson Controls work sites.
- Provides solutions to others on system problems by either
troubleshooting or advising how to resolve problems.
- Assists with the identification of material needs required for
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets
regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems.
Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided
outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades,
and or repairs.
- Manages assigned work to meet a professional level of
execution, on-time and to the customer satisfaction.
- Valid Driver's License, ability to operate a company vehicle,
and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain required government security
clearances if needed. (This involves a background/character,
criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and
comply with the Federal orders, where legally permissible, we may
require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a
condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls
Vaccination Tracker upon hire, unless candidate has a valid medical
condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from
receiving the vaccine.Preferred
- Experience with programming and/or troubleshooting in one or
more of the following brands of HVAC Controls products is highly
desired: Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Siemens, Delta, Distech,
Carrier, ALC, and/or Andover.
- --- Experience with BAS communication protocols should include
one of the following: BACnet MSTP, BACnet IP, N2, P1, Modbus,
- Demonstrated experience working with Metasys or Tridium Niagara
Direct Digital Control (DDC) system
- Experience using SMP, SCT, and/or CCTWho we areIf you'd like to
learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and
products we work with please check out our "Take a Journey" video
Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic
protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.Division: JCFS (Johnson
Controls Federal Systems)
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Arlington , Mechanical Controls Technician, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!