Cyber Malware Operations Analyst
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
customers.Peraton is currently seeking a Cyber Malware Operations
Analyst to support a long-term government customer with its'
Federal Strategic Cyber group located in Arlington. VA.
This position allows the ability to telework part-time! You must be
local to the Arlington, VA area AND amenable to working a minimum
of 1-day onsite. You must also be able to work onsite if required
based on business conditions/needs occasionally.
The primary responsibility of the Cyber Malware Operations Analyst
is to triage malware incidents and advise leadership of any action
required by the Threat Hunting Teams for high impact incidents.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in operational meetings to review ongoing incidents
- Manage and triage malware submissions, workflow, and product
development in coordination with analysis and detection sections to
identify and analyze technology and cyber impacts to IT assets,
network infrastructure, including applying security and ensuring
proper incident management and coordination.
- Report to and coordinate with external organizations and
- Coordinate and distribute directives, vulnerability, and threat
advisories to identified consumers.
- Perform as a Liaison and maintain continuous communication with
internal and external stakeholders.
- This role requires both remote and on-site work, supports
active operations and presents the candidate with cutting edge
challenges in the malware arena.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-7 years related technical
experience; or a Master's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years'
experience. An additional 4-6 years of experience may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of malicious applications that may affect a
variety of operating systems such as Linux, Mac, Windows, IOS and
Android operating systems, and IOT network devices.
- Understanding of the following tools:
- Process Explorer
- CFF Explorer
- Process Monitor
- Process Hacker
- Knowledge of reverse engineering and file reconstruction
- Knowledge of, or ability to perform static and dynamic analysis
of applications and scripts.
- Knowledge of highly complex malicious applications.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain
a TS/SCI is required.
- In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and
maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD)
for continued employment.
- Knowledge of APTs
- Foundational certifications such as Security+, Network +
- Knowledge of Java, C, C++, .NET, PowerShell, Golang, C#,
- Knowledge of ICS/SCADA systems
Colorado Salary Minimum: $68,500
Colorado Salary Maximum: $166,300
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation
package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In
addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Arlington , Cyber Malware Operations Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!