EPIC Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: GWU Medical Faculty Associates
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position SummaryThe Business Intelligence Analyst supports
end-users and organizational leadership in obtaining meaningful
data, analytics, and insights to assist with decision-making.
Responsible for identifying, developing, validating, and thoroughly
testing appropriate solutions for various reporting and business
intelligence requirements. Provides technical expertise in the
architecture and deployment of integrated data and business process
improvement solutions for functional areas. Works significantly in
the Epic Cogito reporting suite with applications including Radar,
Reporting, Workbench, SlicerDicer, and Caboodle. Utilizes other
applicable MFA BI products such as Microsoft SQL Server and Power
BI for ETL, reports, dashboards/visualizations, and ad-hoc
- This position is a hybrid position and will be expecting to
come into the office at least once a week and is subject to change
in the near future. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities: -To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - Other duties may be
- Captures, documents, and represents user needs during intake,
development, and testing of reporting, analytics, and business
- Delivers high-quality reporting & BI solutions that enable user
functionality with minimal ongoing maintenance and a low volume of
production incidents (production failures, help desk calls, etc.).
Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions
- Identifies issues that arise in their application area as well
as issues that impact other application teams, and working to
- Providers support for new and existing reporting and BI
- Prepares complete, accurate, and well-written specifications,
user training and documentation, and operational procedures
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives and
other members of the Epic team, including participating in regular
project team meetings.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the various users'
needs for data, analytics, and business intelligence. Proposes
meaningful solutions and develops the software to deliver them
- Completes testing cycles (unit, functional, and integration
testing); includes coordinating with departmental end-users and
obtaining customer signoff.
- Works with other application analysts to maintain continuity in
process and in support of our integrated Epic electronic medical
- Conducts system enhancements/new features, build,
upgrades/quarterly updates, and
optimization.QualificationsEducation - - - - - - - - - - College
- Bachelor's degree (IT/Computer Science/Data Science or similar
- Associate's degree with at least four (4) years' substantial
- Current Epic certification(s) for relevant applications.
- Business Intelligence Analysts will need to possess and
maintain at least one Epic Clarity Data Model, Caboodle Development
- New hires and transfers have no more than 45 days from
completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to complete any required
- Analysts must remain current on Epic Certifications, badges,
training, and other credentials.Experience - - -
- 3 years minimum experience in creating reporting
- Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
Keywords: GWU Medical Faculty Associates, Arlington , EPIC Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!