Posted on: January 15, 2022
We're one of the fastest growing consumer finance companies in
America. Why? We're making it simpler, faster, and more transparent
to purchase the things you need to make your life go.
By combining smarter technology with a relentless focus on customer
experience, we're transforming the financing experience for
essential life purchases in retail stores nationwide.
About The Opportunity
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. The
individual Koalafi is seeking will work to create and maintain a
security posture that balances usability and security for our
users, clients, and customers. As a Security Engineer, you help
protect network boundaries, keep company infrastructure hardened
against attacks and provide security services to protect sensitive
data like passwords and customer information. The Security Analyst
will work hands-on with security technologies and actively monitor
our systems for attacks and intrusions. As well, the Security
Analyst will work side-by-side with both Security and Systems
Engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and
- Proactively monitor and maintain security solutions including
firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-Malware, SIEM, Email security, and other
security tools and work with other members of the Security and
Technology teams to perform triage, incident response, and recovery
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying
configurations, signature definitions, or implementing new policies
on various security tools.
- Develop security flowcharts, topology diagrams, and other forms
- Assist in the drafting of security related policies, especially
by providing data as context to inform the drafting process.
- Performing risk assessments to ensure the timely proactive
identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities
to critical business information, systems, and network
- Conduct security compliance audits using a variety of
- Troubleshoot network connectivity incidents related to security
devices, provide recommendations to improve reliability and
availability, and reduce recovery time.
- Assist in the evaluation and piloting of new security
- Maintain knowledge of the current security landscape and
trends, being able to apply tuning to already implemented
- Monitor the progress of Security Awareness Training campaigns
and provide insight into improving its content and delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Education: A Master of Information Security degree or
equivalent, or equivalent years of work experience, in Network
Security, computer science, or related field.
- Preferred Certifications: One or more of the following - SANS
GIAC, Security+, CEH, CISSP, SSCP, OSCP or other security
- 2+ years of professional experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to identify, recommend and assist in implementing
necessary security controls to meet business and security
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages
(Powershell, Python, Bash, etc)
- Knowledge of information security methodologies.
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management best practices and
experience being involved in a Vulnerability Management program are
- Have a solid understanding of industry best practices for the
configuration of Windows/Linux servers, Windows/Mac endpoints,
cloud infrastructure, and network devices such as firewalls and
- Experience with system, security, and network monitoring
- In-depth troubleshooting with proven analytical and
- Hands-on experience with security appliances or equivalent
- Must have experience writing technical process ("how-to")
documentation, technical & executive incident reports, and audit &
- Experience with any of the following is considered a plus:
Nexpose, Metasploit, Burpsuite/ZAP, REMnux, static and dynamic
malware analysis, manual packet analysis, PKI, Mobile Device
Management and BYOD, data classification, Data Loss Prevention,
Least Privilege practices and technology.
- Comfortable interfacing with other internal or external
organizations during failure and incident response situations.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, including: IP
Addressing, routing, switching, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, NAT
- Understanding of TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols and networking
- Ability to work under pressure.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness.Financial news and trends are fascinating.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try
- Passion. If you don't get excited about point of sale
financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won't
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our
disposal to build Koalafi.
- Empathy and Compassion.You understand that people's access to
life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when
you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking
and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave
the conversation and build it.
Keywords: Koalafi, Arlington , Security Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!