Data Center Construction Project Manager / Leader - Mission Critical (Arlington)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionBurns & McDonnell is a company made up of more than
7,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals,
scientists, consultants and entrepreneurs with offices across the
country and throughout the world. Burns & McDonnell is 100 percent
employee-owned and is proud to be on Fortune's 2020 list of 100
Best Companies to Work For.We have exciting opportunities for high
performing individuals interested in growing their careers in one
of the most fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building
design and construction. Project focus will bedata center projects
in Northern Virginia.The Construction Project Manager leads the
construction efforts on large data center projects. The
Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing all
aspects of construction, including: project safety, quality,
schedule, cost control, subcontractors, suppliers, estimates,
documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff
and other duties required to execute construction projects.
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell's safety programs, trainings, and
policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health
performance of project team members, client contractor and
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction
activities and the successful execution of a single or multiple
- Provide direction and participate in project planning,
scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while
interfacing with the client for proposal and project related
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and
consult with Legal Department as required.
- Negotiate and execute prime contracts, CM contracts,
subcontracts, and change orders.
- Develop Project Execution Plan, including construction
execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health
plan, subcontracting plan, schedule, project staffing plan,
organizational chart, and procurement plan.
- Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams,
coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and
facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while
adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
- Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout,
mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
- Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance
with the project requirements.
- Direct and oversee the downstream Request For Proposal (RFP)
and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for
subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder
development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation,
- Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports
including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and
project status reports.
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development
and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule
- Develop processes and manage downstream contract administration
including Request For Information (RFI's), submittals, change
management, contract closeout, documentation, and claims
- Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor
- Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company
commissioning and startup teams as needed.
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits
and assessments as required.
- Oversee and participate in the project-specific non-conformance
- Responsible for facilitating project cost reporting,
scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up
and closeout, and field progress tracking specific to construction
and construction related activities or program level activities as
- Develop and oversee materials receiving and management process,
including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and
- Review contract documents with field staff to verify compliance
of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health
requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty
administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention
processes and procedures.
- Manage communication with governmental, industry, and public
entities on project-related matters.
- Review construction field reports.
- Provide mentorship and training to interns, construction
coordinators, and assistant construction project managers.
- Provide performance feedback for each project team member as
requested to their respective Department Managers.
- Manage community and building trades relationships.
- Develop and implement project labor agreements with building
trades as required.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.All other duties as
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a
- A minimum of 10 years relevant project management experience in
the construction industry (15 years preferred).
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and
project management software is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a
fast-paced environment.Must be able to meet the company's driving
Construction ManagementPrimary Location US-VA-ArlingtonSchedule:
Full-timeTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeReq ID: 211007\#LI-MJ
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Arlington , Data Center Construction Project Manager / Leader - Mission Critical (Arlington), Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!