Diesel Fleet Technician
Company: First Transit
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Technician - Servicing Arlington Transit First
Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and
fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II
with strong mechanical and diagnostic skills! First Transit is
proud to offer:
- $26.80-$32.69 per hour based on experience & qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Heavy Truck or Bus Mechanic Major
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required. Heavy
Truck or Bus Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 3-5+ years of diesel bus or heavy truck repair employment
experience or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test. Apply today to join our team! First
Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and
Puerto Rico. FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Transit, Arlington , Diesel Fleet Technician, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!