Senior Business Analyst
Company: Intrepid Solutions and Services, LLC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
--Intrepid Solutions is seeking a senior-level business analyst
in support of a key IT initiative to replace its existing Student
Information System (SIS), known as the "Student Training Management
System." --The SIS Project team will help FSI define its high-level
business needs, identify leading industry capabilities, and
determine how best to adapt industry solutions to meet FSI's needs.
--The SIS Senior Business Analyst will work in collaboration with
project team members to document "As Is" processes and operations
based on information gathered from stakeholder input, business and
system documentation, market resources, and review of FSI IT
solutions and operations. --The SIS Senior Business Analyst will
help develop recommendations for "To Be" approaches, based on
industry standards, that address FSI's business needs, reducing
existing "pain points" and providing enhanced capability. --This
position will focus more on overall student information and
training management than on eLearning development, although there
will be some focus on the interactions between the SIS and the
eLearning delivery systems.--The SIS Senior Business Analyst will
work under the project direction and guidance of the SIS Project
Manager, who manages the overall project work, as part of the SIS
team managed by the SIS Government Technical Monitor.--
- Documents requirements, defines scope, objectives and business
justifications, and formulates executive summaries and project
charters and write requirements and specifications of software
- Multi-task capability, handling multiple projects and serve as
advisor for lower level IT Business staff to build the
user-requirement traceability matrix.
- Serves as primary contact and technical advisor to clients and
provide collaborative leadership ability.
- Follows established architecture standards as well as software
development lifecycle and project management lifecycle.
- Participate, represent, guide and provide critical analysis
expertise to the group and may lead group discussions and
collaborative effort to define and develop user-requirementsLead
formal and informal discussions, with both technical and
non-technical stakeholders, leveraging active listening techniques
to help understand and interpret different perspectivesDevelop
written descriptions of "As Is" business process, business needs,
and solution features at varying levels of detail (targeting
anywhere from working level documentation to executive management
level summaries)Identify and describe areas of process inefficiency
and ineffectiveness in the current operational environmentRecommend
"To Be" models that enhance process capability, improve operational
effectiveness, and address operational problems or "pain
points"Directly support the Project Manager in forming an effective
analytical teamElicit and clearly document business and systems
requirements (either for existing systems, or for future
solutions)--OPERATING HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- This position operates on a standard 8 hour schedule Monday -
- Position currently operates in a remote capacity, but onsite
support may occassionally be requested by the customer.-- Future
full time onsite support should be anticipated.------TRAVEL:
Position does not anticipate regular travel.--CLEARANCE: Active
Secret ***Secret required upon application for initial
consideration.-- --This position is not open for any clearance
upgrades reactivation, or sponsorship.***--EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree, desired.CERTIFICATION(S):--Salesforce Admin
(ADM201 and ADM211) certification, preferred.--REQUIRED SKILLS AND
- A minimum of six (6) or more years of experience as an IT
Business Analyst, Project Analyst, or in a related area is desired,
but not mandatory.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field
and computer systems.
- Excellent Communication (Written and Verbal) skills,
organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the lead on the most complex projects and work
in a complex diversified application development environment.
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and
responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize.
- Must display initiative, ability to work independently and be
able to use extensive independent judgment.
- Must display the highest level of critical thinking in order to
weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with
the business strategy.
- Successfully participated in 5+ large scale software
- Able to develop higher-level business analysis
- Salesforce implementation experience, especially using the
Salesforce Higher Education platform
- Salesforce administration experience--DESIRED SKILLS AND
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
- Strong data management abilities
- Ability to demonstrate creative and effective ways to
accomplish requirements gathering and analysis in a complex
- Have a more proactive than reactive mindset.------Equal
Keywords: Intrepid Solutions and Services, LLC, Arlington , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!