Senior Cyber Data Analyst
Company: ShorePoint, Inc
Posted on: February 20, 2021
ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on
high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who
demand experience and proven security models to protect their data.
We are seeking a Senior Cyber Data Analyst who has significant
experience analyzing data from multiple disparate sources with the
goal of providing security and privacy insight in the federal
market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth,
development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the
cybersecurity market. Roles and Responsibilities
- Examines data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of
providing security and privacy insight. Designs and implements
custom algorithms, workflow processes, and layouts for complex,
enterprise-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and
- Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data
analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security
devices and applications using the security information event
management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device
- Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques,
lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Performe Threat detection, Threat Hunting and trend
- Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of
trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous
- Senior Cyber Analyst must provide recommendations based on best
practice and experience to develop processes that will enhance
efficiencies needed to perform the above. Required Skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls,
and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g.
security information management tools (Splunk preferred).
- Technical expertise in the capabilities and techniques of
hacker/hacktivist groups, criminal syndicates, and advanced
persistent threats conducting computer network exploitation and
attacks against the U.S. government resources and critical
- Familiar with signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures
associated with preparation for and execution/implementation of
- Experience with threat analysis and threat hunting
- Experience with intelligence products.
- Experience with early indications and warnings.
- Experience with Open Source intelligence techniques.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively
manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and
ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively -
Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate
best solution or practice
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a
team, share workloads,and deal with sudden shifts in project
priorities Desired Skills
- Experience working in a network security incident response
team, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer
Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team
(CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security
Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Preferred experience with Splunk and EnCase Education
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical IT
- Preferred - MA/MS in a technical/cyber-related field Years of
- 7+ years of relevant cyber security experience Certification
- Relevant industry certification preferred Location
- Arlington, VA Security Clearance
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain customer required security
clearance - provided by Dice
Keywords: ShorePoint, Inc, Arlington , Senior Cyber Data Analyst, Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!