Network Based Systems Analyst I (TS/SCI Required)
Company: ManTech International Corporation
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an
Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At
ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national
security while working on innovative projects that offer
opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and
customer-oriented Network Based Systems Analyst I to join our team
at the DHS Facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Network-based Analysis Support for Cybersecurity to
- a) Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources
(e.g., network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection
system logs, Domain Name System (DNS) logs) to identify possible
threats to network security.
- b) Collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., domains, Uniform Resource
Identifiers (URIs), certificates, etc.) and use discovered data to
enable mitigation of potential CND hunts and incidents.
- c) Analyze identified malicious network activity to determine
weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and
- d) Identify and document network based tactics, techniques, and
procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized system
- e) Track and document CND incidents from initial detection
through final resolution.
- f) Perform real-time CND Incident Handling (e.g., forensic
collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis,
and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable incident
- g) Create and disseminate technical reports in response to
- h) Assist with writing CND guidance and reports on incident
findings to appropriate constituencies.
- i) Assist with developing and maintaining SOPs.
- j) Participate in inter-agency sponsored community of interest
analysis groups, participate in technical briefings and
- k) Serve as technical expert and liaison to leadership, NCCIC,
the IC, and law enforcement personnel explaining incident details
- l) Manual review network device configurations for suspicious
configurations or signs of compromise.
- m) Assess network topology and network device configurations
identifying critical security concerns and providing network
security best practice recommendations to identify critical
security concerns from an architecture perspective (e.g., external
internet traffic bypassing firewall boundary) and a network device
configuration perspective (e.g., default administrator account on a
- n) Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized
tools, to detect unauthorized access (login access, configuration
changes, interface changes, physical access, unscheduled reboots,
blocked attempts, downgraded encryption, etc.).
- o) Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized
tools, to detect software modifications (file verification,
online/offline hash, published hashed, memory verification,
firmware verification, rootkit detection).
- p) Collect network device integrity data, utilizing specialized
tools, to detect hardware modifications (operating statistics,
network traffic analysis).
- q) Support network device integrity analysis on multi-vendor
products (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, HP, Dell, etc.).
- r) Assist with maintaining the readiness of all fly-away kits,
storage media and forensic VM analyst images.
- s) Divert/deploy teams of Contractor resources to provide
on-site support and assistance in the event of an exercise or cyber
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack
stages with respect to network security architecture
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify
anomalous activity and potential threats to network
- Identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using
- Reconstruct a malicious attack or activity based on network
- Examine network topologies to understand data flows through the
- Knowledge of network device integrity concepts and
- Skill in preserving
- (Minimum 3 years network investigations experience with a High
school diploma; or a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
from an accredited college or university in Computer Science,
Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, and
with a minimum 1 year of network investigations
- Proficiency at Level I includes all basic qualifications
mentioned above in addition to the following:
- Monitor external data sources to maintain currency of Computer
Network Defense threat conditions
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g.,
network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system
logs, DNS logs) to identify possible threats to network
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within
the enterprise and determine possible causes of such
- Track and document
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position
with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact
ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities,
females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement
agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal
opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept
resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech International Corporation, Arlington , Network Based Systems Analyst I (TS/SCI Required), Professions , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!