Technology Architect - Microelectronics
Posted on: May 20, 2023
In-Q-TelIn-Q-Tel is an Affirmative Action Employer who values
diversity in the workplace.
EOE/M/F/disability/vetsUS-VA-ArlingtonJob ID 2023-1310Category
Engineering Min USD $129,119.00/Yr. Mid-Point USD $167,999.00/Yr.
Bonus Bonus eligible Overview Company Overview:In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a
not-for-profit that serves and powers the national security
interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing the most
sophisticated source of strategic technical knowledge, insights,
and capabilities. IQT powers its partners ahead of the curve
through cutting-edge research, strategic investments, exploration
and applied research, and acceleration of capabilities Benefit
Overview:IQT understands that life is more than just work. We offer
a wide variety of benefits designed to support the whole person
including but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Tuition & Professional Development Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment & College Savings
- Parental Leave
- Family Forming Support
- Child/Elder Care Support
- Gym Stipend
- Wellness Perks
- Telework & Flexible ScheduleVisit our website to learn more!
Job Overview:This is an exempt position reporting to the Vice
President of the Intelligent Connectivity Practice. The position
will work closely with IQT's government partners to understand
their technology challenges and use their mastery of technology to
investigate and recommend potential solutions from the
venture-backed startup landscape. The Intelligent Connectivity
Practice is responsible for identifying and executing investments
in technology areas including microelectronics, wireless
communications, computing, and sensors. The primary focus of this
position is microelectronics. This position will lead the technical
aspects of an investment to ensure that IQT delivers effective and
compelling solutions to our Intelligence Community/Department of
Defense government partners. Responsibilities
- Identifies new technology areas for investment and provides
technical diligence on multiple complimentary investments in that
- Develop and negotiation of Statements of Work contracts between
IQT and start-up companies.
- Provide technical oversight on work programs; performs
assessments of work program deliverables. Identifies and
communicates paths for resolution of issues on work programs to key
stakeholders and IQT Leadership.
- Leverages technical/market experience and understanding of
government partner use cases to identify new topics for, and
oversee development of, Market Surveys and Global Competitive
- Oversee development of technology architectures and solutions
to address problems faced by IQT's government partners
- Provides thought leadership in one or more areas of subject
- Coordinates with customers on technology adoption strategy in
development of multiple work programs in a government partner
mission area. Qualifications Minimal Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a science or engineering discipline (or
equivalent experience) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years to 20+ years professional experience with some
portion of that time overseeing a technology development effort in
a business and/or intelligence environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Microelectronics fabrication and packaging
- Materials science
- Digital, analog, and/or mixed signal chip design
- Computational architectures, (e.g. Field Programmable Gate
Arrays, AI Accelerators, etc.)
- Quantum technologies such as quantum computing, quantum
sensing, or quantum communications
- Previous experience negotiating milestone-based Statements of
- Candidates with active top-secret clearance preferred; at a
minimum, candidate must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information.Preferred Qualifications:
- Commitment to continued understanding of new technologies and
their strategic advantages.
- Capable of analyzing complex problems including identifying
root cause issues, generating a concise summary of analysis; and
presenting recommendations for non-technical audiences.
- Startup or entrepreneurial experience and proven ability to
thrive in a non-traditional, entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable presenting complex technology subjects to both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong writer: experience in both technical writing and
proposal/contract writing is preferred.To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected
Keywords: In-Q-Tel, Arlington , Technology Architect - Microelectronics, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...