Senior Software Engineer - Test
Posted on: March 16, 2023
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer - Test
As a Senior Software Engineer in testing, you will be leading the end-to-end testing tools & practice for the new services and data pipelines, we are building for the success of the commercial technology integration of Dynamic Yield with Mastercard Data & Services and other Mastercard products!
Dynamic Yield is the newest addition to Mastercard's existing suite of services. It is a state-of-the-art software-as-a-service (SaaS) personalization platform and decision engine company that helps businesses deliver digital customer experiences that are personalized, optimized, and synchronized across any touchpoints.
You will play a significant role in developing, and commercializing new services focused on product synergies across MA data and Services and the Dynamic yield products. These synergies will help businesses of all sizes deliver individualized product recommendations, offers, and content based on a range of factors, including past purchases, page views, time of day, current store traffic, and trending products all in real-time to their customers.
As an international business, the software capabilities you design for Mastercard will operate at a massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability.
* Assist the Agile teams in building your application in the continuous validation of application functionality, system-to-system interfaces, and complete software solutions
* Design and develop test automation scenarios for the entire application to validate system-to-system interfaces and complete software solutions(for API and UI tests)
* Interact with business and development stakeholders to define test plans and schedules for application delivery
* Translate expected customer requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods in regression testing
* Identify and implement complex automation efforts, including refactoring of automation code and designing supporting Test Framework elements where needed
* Work closely with software engineers to build quality, ensuring proper test and requirement coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, and early performance testing for all teams working on the application
* Execute existing test plans for continuous regression testing of the entire application and report results of the state of the application to stakeholders
* Participate in application design reviews, walkthroughs, and inspections, and conduct test reviews, including test plans, requirements, cases, and automation coverage, and identify any gaps or optimizations that should be addressed
* Participate in leadership meetings to communicate status, risk, and insights, and provide reporting as required.
* Document performance test strategies, results, and test plans for the entire application, and execute performance validation for application releases
* Collect quality metric data and communicate test status/risks to stakeholders for application releases
* Work closely with the program leadership team to provide a summary of the application's test results and escalate any risks, dependencies, or blockers that are impeding the progress of validating the application
* Provide input into the performance appraisal process for department employees and help identify top technical talent
* Ensure all application teams provide necessary automation test coverage for operations teams to use in CI/Cd automated quality gates
* Raise process improvement opportunities, and identify and address tech debt
* You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, web applications, and microservices-based software architecture.
* You have demonstrated experience leading & managing software and test engineers working in a cross-functional, Agile software development lifecycle practice.
* You have experience using Big Data storage technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Nifi and delivering solutions that leverage them on a global scale.
* You have experience testing applications using Java and PCF.
* You have experience testing apps using storage technologies such as PostgreSQL or Oracle and delivering solutions that leverage them at a massive scale.
* You have deep experience with automated testing and tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, Insomnia, Pact, WireMock, and REST-assured.
* You have experience successfully releasing software in a continuous delivery model using Git.
* You have a strong desire to deepen your knowledge, collaborate within a team, and mentor junior test engineers.
* You are passionate about the art of delivering the highest quality software to customers and doing the right thing.
* You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
* Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
* Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
* Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
* Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Keywords: MasterCard, Arlington , Senior Software Engineer - Test, Other , Arlington, Virginia
here to apply!