Patient Access Associate 2
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As a Patient Access Associate 2, you will provide excellent
service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer
expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will perform
assigned duties related to patient admissions while completing
assigned activities related to patient scheduling for medical
procedures. Verifying and entering insurance information and
authorization/referral requirements into databases is of vital
importance. Counseling patients on financial liability by using
available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum
reimbursement for patient services is expected. Ensuring a safe
patient care environment to the fullest potential, in an effort to
achieve team goals, is required.
* Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to
protect the environment and guests until help arrives if
* Accepts and provides direct/honest feedback between team members
in a non-punishing manner.
* Explains insurance benefits and patient liability through the use
of appropriate communication methods/styles.
* Supports scheduling activities by conducting pre-service
activities such as insurance verification/submission.
* Gathers information about customer complaints in a courteous and
* Troubleshoots individual admission issues in collaboration with
* Identifies and communicates payroll authorization and referral
* Delivers an acceptable volume of work with high levels of
* Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
1 year of healthcare patient access experience, or 1-year
experience in healthcare revenue cycle, or bachelor's degree
Basic communication and computer skills.
If hired or transferred into an Ambulatory setting, team member is
expected to successfully complete Inova Service Excellence Training
within three months of hire/transfer date.
Keywords: Inova Health System, Arlington , Patient Access Associate 2, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!