Merchandise Processor - Sully Station - FT
Company: Goodwill of Greater Washington
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company.
Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting
fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at
Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path,
diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a
lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to
do great things. Join our team.
Partner with production and retail team members in a high energy
fast-paced environment to perform a variety of operational
functions that include sorting, processing and preparing donated
merchandise to display for sale and distribution in a Goodwill
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transfers merchandise from containers to determine
appropriateness for the sales floor in accordance with established
2. Stays abreast of brand name, designer labels, current and
3. Sorts apparel into boutique, salable, and salvage categories
according to quota.
4. Places items on hangers, places hangers on rolling rack, and
transports them to the sales floor keeping similar items
5. Counts pieces of clothing and records on Daily Hanger
6. Places non-sellable merchandise in the appropriate
7. Prices all sellable items for the retail store.
8. Follows good safety and security practices including reporting
safety hazards and injuries to the manager on duty.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a pace at which one is able to meet daily quota for
2. Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform
3. Assists in the collection and stocking of donated
4. Provides excellent service to Goodwill's donors and retail
5. Performs other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. A minimum of six months of previous work experience.
2. Ability to perform basic math.
3. Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic instruction.
4. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with associates and
5. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing,
bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of
time (up to 7 hours - per 8 hour shift).
6. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
3. Previous experience working with merchandise pricing
4. Basic computer skills
5. Multilingual with fluency in English.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying
objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions
(temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.).
* Competitive salaries
* Career growth opportunities
* Professional development
* Strong organizational culture
* Sustainable business model
* Medical and life insurance
* Retirement plan
* Paid time off
* Caring Fund (Employee Emergency Financial Assistance)
* Employee Connect/EAP (family resource provider)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Parental Leave: Paid time off for birth, adoption and foster care
* Short and long term disability
* Generous employee discount
* No Inventory or overnights
It takes Goodwill to do great things!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing (marijuana
* Pay Type Hourly
* Sully Station Retail Store, 5077 Westfields Boulevard,
Centreville, Virginia, United States of America
Keywords: Goodwill of Greater Washington, Arlington , Merchandise Processor - Sully Station - FT, Other , Centreville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!