Desktop Support Specialist
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Description Job Description:The Defense Group of Leidos has a
career opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist at The
Pentagon, National Capital Region.JOB SUMMARY: Executive Desktop
Support Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program. The
AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information
systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of
Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint
Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR
missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint
Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces,
and alternate sites. The major support areas are IT Operations and
Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The
senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported
require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a
fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. Executive
Support is responsible for providing AF Senior Officers (SECAF,
CSAF, and all Air Force General Officers and SES personnel)
executive desktop support, repair and/or installation support of
existing and new hardware, software, network configurations and new
system initiatives for all sites within the 300-mile radius of the
NCR. Duties may include but are not limited to providing support in
the Pentagon or Joint Base Andrews, General Officer Residences on
base, assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to
area-wide procedural/policy changes, roving site support services
and on-call duties which consist of being available by phone
overnight on a rotating schedule (one night per month on
- Support 100 Platinum and 350 Gold Customers in The Pentagon and
National Capital Region area.
- Daily interaction with Senior Air Force Officers and Senior GS
Civilians to troubleshoot computer problems.
- Address any immediate customer issues and elevates any problems
to the Executive Support lead to resolve any customer issues.
- Perform hardware and software diagnostics.
- Coordinate needed hardware and software repairs and resolve
computer system problems including coordination between users and
components of a local area network.
- Participate in the evaluation of system configuration and
- Work to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on
the area/project team. Work independently on larger, moderately
complex projects/assignments and assist other technical staff with
tasks and assignments as needed.
- Coordinate with the Communication Focal Point Manager any
outages or issues with equipment other than the typical desktop
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with Active Directory and NetIQ Directory and
- IT Service Management through Remedy 22.0.
- Professionally troubleshoot laptops and desktops.
- Experience with Bomgar and Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with Remote Desktop.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically strong and able to make quick, sound decisions.
- High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant
- Security+CE or equivalent level certification.
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Experience providing Desktop Support to executive and senior
- Experience working telecommunications systems in a command
center environment including a background in one or more of the
following areas: Cryptographic Systems, Multimedia Systems, Defense
Red Switch Network, Tech Control, Command and Control Computer
Systems, Nuclear Command and Control.
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior
Military Leaders in a fast paced environment.Pay Range:Pay Range
$48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.#Featuredjob
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Arlington , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!