Company: Conservation International
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of
humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we
spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the
climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries
and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International
partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous
peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive
POSITION SUMMARY - This position is open to CI Offices Globally.
Please view a full list of our Global Offices here.
Conservation International has been awarded the "Indigenous
People's finance Access Facility (IPFAF)" grant to support
Indigenous Peoples' (IP) increased access to results-based finance
for the conservation, restoration, and improved management of
forests. The project titled "Enhancing the Capacities of Indigenous
Peoples to Access Funding" will support Indigenous Peoples in the
Amazon basin, Congo Basin, and Southeast Asia with US$1.9
The Project Coordinator will provide administrative and
organizational support for the IPFAF project. Organize conference
calls, team/committee meetings, training, workshops, and events.
Responsibilities include preparing agendas, logistics, minutes, and
reporting. Manage travel arrangements and the project calendar.
Provide support for training and learning events including travel
logistics, venue oversight, and processing travel reimbursements
and related expenses. Support overall program internal and external
communications including drafting memos, and presentations, and
conducting and compiling research. Manage the project's
knowledge-sharing platform; develop fact sheets, FAQs, and related
* Provide administrative support to the project team, including
arranging travel, meetings (including notetaking), and maintaining
the project calendar.
* Support training and learning events including communications
with participants, preparing travel agreements and reimbursements,
travel logistics, venue oversight and others.
* Managing the project's knowledge products and supporting the
development and management of a knowledge-sharing platform;
developing and disseminating fact sheets and related information
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Typical office environment. May need to work extended hours as
* Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated.
* Some travel may be expected.
* Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the
* For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and
our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are
required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine
requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work
arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC
recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable
accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious
reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state
their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
* High School or Secondary School education.
* Up to 2 years of related work experience, preferably in the
conservation, NGO, or advocacy arena.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Solid attention
to detail and proofreading skills.
* Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and
fast-paced work team environment.
* Comfortable managing multiple duties and adapting to changing
* Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work
effectively with others.
* Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to
solve problems under supervisor's direction.
* Knowledge of different computer programs, including online
meeting platforms such as Zoom.
* Proficient in Microsoft programs including excel and word.
* English proficiency is required, with knowledge of Spanish or
French an advantage.
* Bachelor's degree or up to four years of college-level work.
* Previous experience working with Indigenous Peoples'
* Excellent cross-cultural communication.
* Experience with data and knowledge management.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover
Application Deadline: January 20, 2023 (11:49 PM EST)
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Conservation International, Arlington , Program Associate, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!