Technology Architect - BNext
Posted on: November 26, 2022
In-Q-Tel is an Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in
the workplace. EOE/M/F/disability/vets
Job ID 2022-1296
In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that serves and powers the
national security interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing
the most sophisticated source of strategic technical knowledge,
insights, and capabilities. IQT powers its partners ahead of the
curve through cutting-edge research, strategic investments,
exploration and applied research, and acceleration of
IQT understands that life is more than your 9-5. We offer a wide
variety of benefits designed to support the whole person including
but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Time Off
- Tuition & Professional Development Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment & College Savings
- Parental Leave
- Family Forming Support
- Child/Elder Care Support
- Gym Stipend
- Wellness Perks
- Telework & Flexible ScheduleVisit our website to learn
Technology Architects work closely with IQT's government partners
to understand their technology challenges, and they use their
mastery of technology to investigate and recommend potential
solutions from the venture-backed start-up landscape. The B.Next
Practice is responsible for identifying and executing investments
in areas including biotechnology, genomics, synthetic biology,
biological big data, biological manufacturing, and AI for biology.
This position (reporting to the Senior Vice President of the B.Next
Practice) will oversee the technical aspects of an investment to
ensure that IQT delivers effective and compelling solutions to our
Intelligence Community/Department of Defense government
- Identifies new technology areas for investment and performs
technical diligence on multiple complimentary investments in that
- Leverages technical/market experience and understanding of
government partner use cases to identify new topics for, and
execute development of, Market Surveys and Global Competitive
- Provides thought leadership in one or more areas of subject
- Develops technology architectures and solutions to address
technology problems faced by IQT's government partners.
- Develops and negotiates of Statements of Work contracts between
IQT and start-up companies.
- Provides technical oversight on work programs; performs
assessments of work program deliverables. Identifies and
communicates paths for resolution of issues on work programs.
- Post-graduate technical degree in a biological science or
engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years professional experience with some portion of
that time involving technology development in a business and/or
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in a technical
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Commitment to continued understanding of new technologies and
their strategic advantages.
- Capable of analyzing complex problems including identifying
root cause issues, generating a concise summary of analysis; and
presenting recommendations for non-technical audiences
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience and proven ability to
thrive in a non-traditional, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be comfortable presenting complex technology subjects to
both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a strong writer; experience in both technical writing
and proposal/contract writing is preferred.To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: In-Q-Tel, Arlington , Technology Architect - BNext, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!