Project Lead - Naval
Posted on: November 26, 2022
In this role, you will join a rapidly growing innovation
consulting firm, BMNT, Inc., headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with an
east coast office in Arlington, VA. BMNT is unique because of the
focus on Mission Acceleration - increasing the speed at which
mission-driven organizations solve complex problems at scale. BMNT
is not only an established thought leader in innovation but is
actively changing how organizations think about and solve problems,
as demonstrated by the creation of Hacking for Defense(H4D) -. Our
customers span across defense agencies, the military, local
government, and abroad in the United Kingdom and Australia.
At BMNT, Project Leads play an integral role in our consulting
practice and their goal is to successfully execute projects to
achieve our customers' desired outcomes. Project Leads strategize
with and provide overall support to Program Managers. Our Project
Leads have a deep understanding of BMNT products and services, and
the underlying methodologies, so that they can successfully drive
major parts of the customers' project lifecycle, including planning
facilitated workshops, product development, and customer
management. In addition, our Project Leads are capable of leading
multiple projects simultaneously that may consist of many
interconnected activities, face serious obstacles, or require that
they manage a large team to efficiently reach key milestones with
limited or no oversight.
This specific role resides on the BMNT Naval Team. We are building
a high-trust, high-performing team and are seeking a Project Lead
to help deliver support for U.S. Navy customers primarily under the
Office of Naval Research (ONR). ONR coordinates, executes, and
promotes the science and technology programs of the United States
Navy and Marine Corps, and this position is a perfect opportunity
to have real impact. The Project Lead will be involved in Naval
Innovation Process Adoption (NIPA) projects in support of NavalX
(within ONR), and innovation program support for initiatives under
the Chief of Naval Research (CNR).
Location: Within commuting distance to Palo Alto, CA or to
Arlington, VA with the expectation of being in the office two to
three days per week.
*What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities): *
* Owns and manages projects from start to finish.
* Learns and employs BMNT innovation methodologies and tools.
* Asks questions to rapidly identify the underlying basis and
nature of a customer's problem.
* Proactively communicates and coordinates with internal BMNT
stakeholders and external Navy customer stakeholders to help
achieve desired outcomes.
* Plans and executes events related to multiple ongoing projects
sponsored by Navy customers.
* Interviews beneficiaries to understand the various perspectives
on an organizational problem.
* Analyzes findings and synthesizes recommendations that Navy
customers can easily digest, understand, and use to take meaningful
* Tasks and manages the progress of Analysts and other supporting
* Takes initiative in all aspects of work from supporting Navy
customers to professional development and personal growth.
* Balances creativity and discipline while applying methodological
rigor to their work.
* Responds to customer communications in a timely and professional
*Required Experience and Qualifications You'll Need to Thrive in
the Role: *
* Bachelor's degree.
* U.S. Citizenship.
* 5+ years of consulting or relevant project management experience
or 2+ years of experience at BMNT as a Senior Program Analyst or
Senior Product Analyst.
* Experience in planning, coordinating, and synchronizing tasks
* Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in delivering
tasks and projects on time and that achieve desired results.
* Ability to self-direct research in order to quickly generate a
broad understanding of previously unfamiliar topics due to the
diverse breadth of work on the contract.
* Mature interpersonal skills and able to participate successfully
in a team environment to accomplish assignments requiring group
* Analytical capability to synthesize key takeaways and
recommendations from interviews, observations, and research.
* Strong listening and consultative skills and ability to influence
without positional authority.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the
confidence to collaborate with various organizational levels.
Ability to present materials in a polished and professional
*Desired Qualifications/Experience: *
* Experience with DoD and/or the U.S. Navy.
* Defense acquisition experience.
* Security Clearance: Secret
* Knowledge and experience in project management.
*If you are a self-starter with an obsession for outcomes, not
activities and a history of achievements, and enjoy working on
projects with collaborative and creative teams, this could be the
right role for you!*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Arlington, VA 22209%58047475%
Keywords: BMNT, Arlington , Project Lead - Naval, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!