Business Development Representative (Remote)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
JOB PURPOSEReporting to the Manager, Business Development and
Sales, the Business Development Representative (BDR) will join a
strong Sales Team that values collaboration, communication, and
transparency selling the PeopleGrove platform that connects
students and alumni with the network and resources they need to
realize their full potential before, during, and after their time
in college to buyers responsible for improving the student higher
education experience. The BDR researches prospective customers, and
qualifies, disqualifies, or places prospects into nurture queues
using a prescribed lead management process. The BDR is accountable
for filling the top of the sales pipeline with quality sales-ready
leads for the sales team to pursue, and research strong-fit
institutions/organizations for pursuit by the sales team.Position
SummaryBDRs foster customer outreach (via email, cold calls, social
media, and other creative channels), conduct market research, and
maintain appropriate level of knowledge regarding the company's
cultural resources, solutions and service offerings. The BDR will
conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use
business acumen to identify how PeopleGrove could help them with
their needs and successfully position the PeopleGrove value
proposition. The BDR also qualifies inbound leads that come from
the Marketing Department by aligning customer business objectives
to the company's solutions. The BDR will continue to nurture
relationships with those prospects who aren't ready to buy through
the use of the phone, email, and social media.The BDR will schedule
meetings and source early-stage sales qualified leads for Account
Executives (AEs) and Key Account Managers (KAMs) to begin the sales
process. The BDR is expected to meet assigned goals while also
ensuring a positive customer outreach experience.The BDR function
is critical to building a strong pipeline and ensuring the company
meets its revenue targets. The BDR allocates 30% to outbound
prospecting/receiving direction from AEs and KAMs, 30% to inbound
activities primarily responding to Marketing Qualified Leads, and
40% researching buyers in commercial businesses and public
entities. STRATEGIC VALUEUncover, qualify, and develop sales
opportunities for New Sales for all PeopleGrove products and
services.CAREER PATHAdvancement into an Account Executive (AE) role
and other growth-oriented roles within
- Generate new clients through researching, cold calling and
networking within a defined market.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on PeopleGrove's higher
education industry solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as
selling strategies and marketing information.
- Support all lead generation campaigns executed by the Marketing
- Access, research, and qualify leads, which include: Existing
Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs), New markets and account
- Exceed opportunity goals through consistent follow up and
messaging. Quickly identify prospect needs and execute core
messaging to increase sales velocity of qualified leads.
- Email and cold call potential customers within territory.
- Prospect social sites (e.g., LinkedIn), as well as business
directories (e.g., Agile, ZoomInfo) and other venuesIdentify
decision makers within customer's organization.
- Research potential customers' business and service needsPlan
approaches and pitches
- Follow established cadence for daily outreach: Make 20-40
outreach attempts per day (estimate.)
- Once contact is made: Conduct prospect's needs analysis,
Recommend and negotiate appropriate PeopleGrove services/products,
Qualify prospective customers through targeted questioning using
BANT qualification criteria, Handle objections, using a variety of
styles to persuade and/or negotiate.
- Lead Conversion: Convert MQLs to Sales Accepted Leads
(SALs).Collaborate primarily with AEs and KAMs to schedule prospect
calls. Access multiple databases ZoomInfo, Social Media (LinkedIn,
Twitter), marketing automation system (HubSpot)CRM system
(Salesforce), record accurate data in Salesforce.
- Maintain organized pipeline and activity records in
- Relationship Management: Assist Sales Department and
collaborate with Marketing Department in devising campaigns as
needed. Establish strong working relationships with AEs and KAMs to
better understand PeopleGrove's value proposition.Qualifications
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 2+ years of relevant phone selling experience is a plus.
- Results-oriented mindset, with ability to achieve sales
objectives and targets.
- Capable of in-depth research and ability to prospect new
- Persistent, self-disciplined, confident, competitive, and
- Comfortable in cold-calling and managing resistance and
pushback from prospects.
- Demonstrates active listening skills.
- Capable of quickly learning service offerings and products to
communicate the company's value proposition to potential
- Demonstrates effectiveness in linking services to potential
- Proficient in MS Office and email systems. Knowledge of
Salesforce and Marketing Automation tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable and coachableAt PeopleGrove, we don't just accept
differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it
for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
PeopleGrove is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you
need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may
contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at
Keywords: PeopleGrove, Arlington , Business Development Representative (Remote), Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!