Researcher, Quantitative Social Science Research
Company: Fors Marsh Group
Posted on: November 24, 2022
At Fors Marsh, we combine the power of science and strategy to
improve people's lives. Each day, we work with institutions and
organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and
influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create
positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client
portfolio-as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50
Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community
through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro
bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly,
as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people
first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate
diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy,
successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together
we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
Fors Marsh is seeking an intelligent and motivated researcher with
a background in quantitative social science. This individual's
primary responsibility would be to support a portfolio of social
science research projects for our Military Health and Wellbeing
Research team. This individual would work in a researcher role,
providing expertise to improve service members' well-being and
inform policies and organizational decision making. This job is
best for someone who enjoys applying innovative methods to solve
challenging analytic problems, has experience gleaning insights
from large data sets, and thrives in a collaborative
- Support the development, implementation, and analysis of
research projects examining topics related to service member
well-being, such as sexual harassment, sexual assault,
ethnic/racial discrimination, and suicide ideation in the
- Working with a mixed team of data and social scientists to
operationalize personnel-related metrics and explore, aggregate,
and analyze large, complex quantitative data sets through a variety
- Preparing and analyzing data in R and interpreting results from
descriptive and inferential analyses to identify patterns and
- Contributing to research reports/briefs for the analyst and
non-analyst audiences, written proposals, and other internal or
external communications summarizing research methods, findings, and
- Supporting literature reviews spanning across disciplines and
- Supporting all phases of the social science analytics process,
including the design, analysis, and interpretation of survey
research, integrated datasets (e.g., survey data integrated with
administrative data), and other studies.
- Collaborating with team members and clients to produce
insightful research and communicate the most pertinent results to
them in a way that is useful and easy to understand.
- Bachelor's degree in social science (e.g., sociology, political
science, psychology) or related field. Master's preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience (post-degree) in a
- A minimum of two years' experience with applied social
statistics within a professional environment (e.g., t-tests, ANOVA,
- Experience working with diverse data sources including survey,
personnel, and administrative data.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods
in data transformation.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and in
collaboration with other team members.
- Proficiency writing syntax in R Studio.
- Applicants must be comfortable working with sensitive topics
such as sexual assault and suicidal ideation.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communications
skills including the ability to describe technical concepts to a
wide variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security
investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and consent to a full background check
due to our federal contract requirements.
- Ability to make an impact on people's lives, both internal and
external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term
disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each
employee to take leave as they require it to balance the
responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying
about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the
days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting
period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your
expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in Fors Marsh staff-led affinity
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the
certified B Corp network.
Keywords: Fors Marsh Group, Arlington , Researcher, Quantitative Social Science Research, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!