Company: Mill Creek Residential
Posted on: November 22, 2022
**_Welcome to Mill Creek! We're glad you're here!_** **_At Mill
Creek Residential we are committed to building a diverse, equitable
and inclusive workplace where our associates can grow and bring
their whole selves to work. This starts with our recruiting and
hiring process._** **_Studies have shown that women and people of
color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every
single qualification. We want you to know that we encourage you to
apply if this job excites you, even if you don't meet 100% of the
requirements. You may just be the right candidate for this role, or
another role and make your mark at Mill Creek._**
At MCRT the Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and
supervising all phases of the field work performed by
subcontractors and vendors in constructing high density residential
and mixed use. The position reports to the General Superintendent
or Vice President of Construction. This position works directly
with the Project Manager and other MCRT team members in ensuring
the timely and safe completion of projects and delivery of high
- Supervises and directs the efforts of MCRT Assistant
Superintendents, Punch Carpenters and Laborers.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the project's
building officials and inspectors and is responsible for scheduling
all required jurisdictional inspections and testing..
- Identifies and makes recommendations to Project Manager
regarding project risks including safety/loss control,
subcontractor/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics,
scheduling, change orders, and document conflicts.
- Supervises and monitors work of all hired trades and MCRT punch
carpenters and laborers. .
- Reviews all subcontractor and vendor progress payment requests
prior to the final processing of billing.
- Provides noticing to all non-performing sub-contractors and
when and where necessary requests termination and the hiring of
- Prepares punch lists and ensures completion of all related work
prior to inspections and product acceptance.
- Inspects subcontractor's work to ensure that it meets
subcontracted obligations and Company quality standards.
- Creates, maintains and updates project schedules as they relate
to work in progress and the completion of project.
- Distributes schedule updates to the project subcontractors and
vendors and provides schedule updates to the MCRT project team.
Ensures tasks are finished accordingly.
- Holds weekly safety and subcontractor meetings and maintains
minutes of such meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
**Education and/or Experience**
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering,
Architecture or equivalent is required. Five years of experience
working as a superintendent may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the multi-family construction
industry is required.
- Ability to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge
of Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel. Experience in using Procore
and Textura a plus.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes,
construction procedures, and rough trade work.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes for Handicap, Fair
Housing, ANSI, Waterproof, Environment/AQI and Acoustical.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to
relate to others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
**About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team**
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
_Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer_
**Are you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek
Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization
that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes,
continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and
Keywords: Mill Creek Residential, Arlington , Superintendent, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!