National Online News Producer
Company: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Be part of a growing online news team producing national content
for Sinclair Broadcast Group s network of news sites. We're looking
for a talented and creative journalist with an ability to learn new
systems and jump into a fast-paced publishing environment. Online
reporting should be your passion and the ideal candidate will be a
journalist able to handle tight deadlines and constantly bring new
ideas to the table. You should be able to work nights and weekends
when needed. DUTIES:
- Write, select and publish news and other stories to Sinclair
Broadcast Groups network of sites.
- Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and
accurately is a core expectation of this position.
- Daily news aggregation from around the web and editing of wire
- Research, report and write original stories.
- Produce and edit multimedia elements for online stories.
- Track trending user Generated Content and create interesting
- Manage remote and streaming feeds on our station's websites and
National Desk social media accounts.
- Complete daily franchise tasks assignments as assigned.
- Monitor analytics to measure story performance.
- Video editing and video production of news packages.
- Posting to social media outlets including but not limited to
Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Newsletter production and mailing.
- Ability to work all shifts including but not limited to
mornings, late nights, and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related
field strongly preferred).
- Minimum of three years of online journalism experience.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style
- Must appreciate a sense of urgency when confronted with short
deadlines and breaking news.
- Strong understanding of content usage rights management and
- Strong proficiency in editing software such as Photoshop,
Premiere and Avid.
- Basic HTML knowledge required.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Vine, YouTube, Instagram,
Reddit and other social media platforms.
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse
group of people.
- Is a team player and is willing to put the teams needs
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft 360 products: Word, Excel, Outlook,
Power Point and Teams.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a
diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with
content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry
since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional
sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast
portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with
all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and
several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is
distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our
industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched
a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct
result of our extraordinary employees and management team who
believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future
for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU
to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a
compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good
care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open
door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you
succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Keywords: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Arlington , National Online News Producer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!