Staff Cyber Systems/Network Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman is hiring! Earn up to a $20,000 sign on
bonus if you are hired against specific TS/SCI Polygraph positions.
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In
rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman
brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable
strategic planning. We're looking for innovators, who can help us
keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable,
integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel
those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support
yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills,
whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At
Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to
do some of the best work of your careerWe are seeking a talented
and self-motivating Tier 3 Systems/Network Engineer this position
will provide support the customer by handling service and incident
requests up to their resolutions. Support will be provided onsite,
remotely, over the phone, or via email. They will be required to
developed solutions for network, desktop, and server problems. They
will have the ability to analyze existing systems and make
proactive recommendations.Network Engineering/Strategy &
- Collaborate with Customer management and department leaders to
assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network
configuration, network mapping, processes, and service
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and
associated training plans for network administration, usage, and
disaster recovery.Acquisition & Deployment:
- Design and deploy company LANs including servers, routers,
switches, and other hardware.
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, Conduct research on
network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain
abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and
contractors to secure network products and services.
- Operational Management
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations,
telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of
network component inventory and related documentation and technical
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network
performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and
recoveryTechnical Lead Responsibilities:
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules
for the team.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions
and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask
questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the
relevant stakeholders.Technical Lead Requirements:
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure
projects are completed to standard.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal
- 9+ year's system administration experience with a bachelor's
degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or a STEM related
program from an accredited college or university. 7+ years with a
Master's Degree, or 4+ years with PhD Degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Salary Range: $171,600 USD -
$257,400 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Arlington , Staff Cyber Systems/Network Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!