MRI Chief Technologist (CVL)
Company: Fairfax Radiology Centers, LLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description MRI Chief Technologist Centreville FRC requires
that all employees have the Influenza and COVID vaccinations,
including COVID Booster. * Reports to: Radiology Center Manager.
Reports indirectly to the Senior Clinical DirectorSummary:Guides
departmental activities related to the technical aspects of
providing patient care. Responsible for overall departmental
activities related to technical quality and care of the patient
that do not require the task or professional judgment of a
physician. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the
division(s) and making room/work assignments to accommodate daily
patient schedules. Maintains standards of quality as is established
for Fairfax Radiology Centers. Essential Functions:
- Works with the Clinical Leadership Counsel and the Manager of
MRI Education and Technical Development to develop and implement
MRI protocols appropriate for the magnet(s) in the center.
- Responsible for training and development of all MRI
Technologists and tech aides at the office for day, evening, and
- Provides leadership, mentoring, coaching and education to
develop and maintain an effective, well-trained staff based on
performance standards and competencies
- Works closely with Scheduling Supervisor to clarify scheduling
protocols, patient preps and physician orders.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities in MRI department. Makes
decisions regarding additional days of service when possible,
providing overtime hours and/or make up hours for down units and
arranging coverage for unexpected absences. Efficient running of
schedules and adjusting schedules as needed with guidance of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, MRI
equipment and supplies. Knowledge of performing all basic and
complex MRI studies, safety hazards common to Magnetic Resonance,
ability to cross train technologists and ancillary staff in MRI and
procedures, and the ability to trouble shoot equipment operation
and perform simple adjustments.
- Participates in the interview and hiring process for
prospective staff for the assigned area as requested by
- Oversees the work of other MRI Technologists. Performs quality
control and reviews studies performed by other MRI
- Ensures that proper safety and screening procedures and
documentation are in place for patients prior to exam by all MR
- Inspects exam room for cleanliness and availability of
necessary supplies and equipment. In charge of drugs and controlled
materials that are properly secured. Performs daily checks of
department logs, drug box, O2, and medication.
- Provides recommendations to Center Manager on staffing,
operations, and equipment to raise the level of quality of patient
- Performs all functions associated with an MRI
- Maintains good relations with patients. Puts forth a continuous
positive, professional, and caring attitude with all patients and
their families. Ensures that all the office MRI Technologists do so
- Assists with general office maintenance such as ordering,
receiving, and storing MRI office supplies, cleaning and stocking
procedure rooms and other general duties as requested.
- Maintains equipment and informs Manager of any problems. Works
with equipment vendors.
- As required in department, performs clinical duties including
starting IV's and administering contrast within FRC guidelines and
those of other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains accurate records associated with QA procedures,
equipment maintenance and other such procedures as required.
- Responds to all medical emergencies within the center as
assigned by Center Manager.
- Maintains open line of communication with FRC physicians and
responds to requests and/or suggestions in a positive manner.
- Explains to patient in a clear and concise manner the procedure
and answers all reasonable questions. Ensures patient's comfort, as
is possible, during the procedure.
- Ensures patient's comfort as is possible via earplugs,
headphones, blankets, and cushions
- Maintain all required accreditations (ACR) and participate in
our Continuous Quality Improvement Program. Promote the importance
of quality within FRC. Requirements:
- Current registered Radiologic Technologist by accredited
entity. Must meet current regulatory agencies requirements to
- Current certification in Basic Life Support/AED.
- Min 2 yrs exp as MRI Technologist
- Must be able to handle up to 50 pounds to assist patients.
BENEFITS: Full Insurance Benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance; Life AD STD and LTD; 401K Retirement Plan; Continuing
Education Reimbursement, and PTO (21+ days) & Holidays (8
days).*Except for those with religious or medical exemptions. To
submit your resume and desired salary, please:Press Apply
Keywords: Fairfax Radiology Centers, LLC, Arlington , MRI Chief Technologist (CVL), Other , Centreville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!