Sr. Space Systems Engineer - Acquisition SME
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Space Systems
Engineer - Acquisition SME to join our team in the Washington, DC
area. You will You will provide technical support for space system
acquisition, operations and sustainment. Assist with oversight and
management of existing space systems programs, initiate new
contract actions where required. Provide systems engineering
support, systems analysis and reporting. You must possess an active
TS/SCI clearance. At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize
the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry
and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned
company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our
people we are investing in our company's future!
MTSI's core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration,
Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and
Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise
includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle
survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations,
intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years
of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the
highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of
the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start
accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate
vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee
focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and
an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. For
additional company information, please visit:
As a Space Systems Engineer - Acquisition SME with MTSI you will
provide technical support for space system acquisition, operations
and sustainment. Assist in oversight and management of existing
space systems programs, initiate new contract actions where
required. Provide systems engineering support, systems analysis and
reporting. This position will be located in the Washington, DC
area. Your essential job functions will include but may not be
- Provide space system acquisition subject matter expertise, to
include support of day-to-day program execution to include
oversight of existing space systems acquisitions, initiating new
- Provide expertise in the execution of existing space systems
programs and the development of new acquisition contracts.
- Provide support to planning, organizing and managing critical
aspects of the
development, production, and/or deployment of space systems and
- Provide support to various program actions and activities to
include meeting attendance,
contractor performance tracking, milestone planning, briefing
coordination, acquisition risk management, and decision document
- Provide support in the development of pre ad post contract
award documentation activities
including request for development of request for proposals (RFPs),
Objectives (SOO), performance work statements (PWS), and Statements
- Provide space systems engineering support including:
- Assistance in the integration of space systems, configuration
management and interface control.
- Technical assessments and recommendations to deviations that
arise across interface
boundaries, and analysis and reporting of these efforts.
- 12 + years' of direct space acquisition experience.
- Recent experience initiating and executing major (ACAT II or
higher) space acquisition programs.
- Knowledge of and experience in analyzing, drafting, and
reviewing space acquisition
documents and experience with programs requiring enhanced security
measures. Desired Requirements:
- Two (2) years' HAF and/or MAJCOM staff experience. Education
Requirements: Master's Degree
- DAWIA PM Level Ill certification Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with previous SAP experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., Arlington , Sr. Space Systems Engineer - Acquisition SME, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!