Acquisition Specialist (SME)
Company: Culmen International
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Established in 2004, Culmen International is committed to
enhancing international security, strengthening homeland defense,
optimizing government operations and providing humanitarian
assistance around the world. We provide technical and management
expertise, develop innovative technology solutions, and deliver
youth care services, logistics, training and language services
worldwide. With experience in over 126 countries, Culmen supports
our clients to accomplish critical missions in challenging
Culmen International, LLC is hiring a Acquisition Specialist SME to
work in support of the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS)
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's (CISA)
Cybersecurity Division (CSD). Locate in Arlington, VA with some
CSD leads efforts to protect the federal domain of civilian
government networks and to collaborate with the private sector
domain to increase the security of critical networks. CSD's mission
is to improve cybersecurity for the federal civilian government and
other partners by facilitating the integration of various
cybersecurity technologies, products, and services. To meet this
mission need, CSD is organized into Program Management Offices
(PMO) to support, design, develop, deploy, and sustain
cybersecurity capabilities. This position supports the Investment
and Contracts Management organization of contracting officer
representatives (CORs). Roles and responsibilities included but not
- Perform pre-award functions associated with awarding new
contracts, task orders, inter/intra-agency agreements, financial
transfers, grants and other contract types.
- Perform procurement / acquisition planning, advising and
resolving issues involving scope and vendor compliance.
- Draft purchase request (PR) package documents such as market
research reports (MRR), requirements documents (SOW, SOO, PWS),
determinations and findings (D&F), independent government cost
estimates (IGCE), information technology (IT) acquisition reviews,
sole source justifications, and other documents required for
solicitation / contract award.
- Support contract execution activities such as organizing and
tracking contract invoices and deliverables, monitoring burn rates,
and analysis of available funding.
- Conduct complex analyses of program ODC's and travel associated
with contact implementation.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting, and creating templates for
contractual deliverables such as work breakdown structures (WBS),
integrated mater schedules (IMS), monthly status reports (MSR),
project management reviews (PMR), etc.
- Read contract award documents to understand contract line item
numbers (CLINs), lines of accounting (LOAs), periods of performance
(PoP), and contract options.
- Possess an understanding of various contract types such as firm
fixed price (FFP), cost plus fixed fee (CPFF), cost reimbursable
(CR), time and materials (T&M), etc.
- Use Microsoft Office, especially Excel to create and manipulate
spreadsheets to depict data and make informed decision from such
data, including pivot tables and advanced formulas.
- Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, conduct work
simplification and measurement studies, and prepare and maintain
Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) manuals to assist Government
management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Provide the I&CM COR team with ad hoc projects to help
ensure effective and efficient contract management.
- US citizenship
- Security Clearance Requirement: No clearance requirement for
this position. Candidate must have the ability to obtain DHS
Suitability at the Public Trust level.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (minimum education).
- 5+ years of experience supporting federal contracts and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency working with the MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with SharePoint including document
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Customer service orientation and ability to work in a team
- Experience working on-site in a mixed government/contractor
environment and interacting with government personnel including
- Have a strong working knowledge of contract administration
principles and possess working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Experience working on contract/procurement packages.
- Experience with hands-on document development including SOW,
PWS, PRs, and related documents.
- Experience with Government strategic sourcing vehicles (GSA
schedules highly preferred).
- Project Management experience, industry recognized
certification is desired (such as Federal Acquisition Certification
in Contracting (FAC-C), Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement
Act (DAWIA) in Contracting or Program Management, Project
Management Professional (PMP), or similar).
- Understanding of earned value management (EVM) is
Top Tier Benefits Package Available:
- Exceptional Medical/Dental/Vision coverage with 100% of the
premiums paid by the company for all employees and their eligible
- 401k - Vested immediately and 4% match
- Life insurance and disability paid by the company
- AFLAC Available
- Tuition Assistance
- 12 Paid Holidays
At Culmen International we are committed to creating, promoting,
and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our
commitment to these values is unwavering across all our work around
the world. We include and celebrate employees of diverse races,
genders, religions, sexual orientations, ethnicities,
nationalities, socioeconomic statuses, languages, (dis)abilities,
ages, and religious commitments. These differences drive innovative
solutions to meet the needs of our employees and clients. Culmen is
an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Culmen International, Arlington , Acquisition Specialist (SME), Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!