Managing Researcher, Evidence Building and Use
Company: Fors Marsh Group
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and
strategy to improve people's lives. Each day, we work with
institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets,
understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national
scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond
our client portfolio-as a certified B Corporation and a 2020
Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in
our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer
programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits.
Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to
putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that
commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and
we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a
healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and
together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG's Program Evaluation and Policy Analysis (PEPA) practice is
seeking an experienced, intelligent, and motivated Managing
Researcher to support federal agencies to build and use evidence.
This individual will guide FMG's pursuit and execution of
evaluation, training, technical assistance, and consulting projects
to help federal programs measure, monitor, and improve their
performance and impact. The successful candidate will possess both
subject matter expertise in federal policies and regulations
pertaining to evidence and data and the ability to conceptualize
and lead projects providing actionable information to clients.
- Leading the design and execution of learning agendas, capacity
assessments, annual evaluation plans, evidence roadmaps, and other
products and artifacts to systematize and advance evidence building
- Conceptualizing and delivering training and technical
assistance on evaluation methods, developing logic models, creating
performance measures, and communicating evidence
- Contributing to PEPA's business development activities,
including identifying opportunities, writing technical proposals,
developing project budgets, and working directly with clients to
develop an opportunity pipeline.
- Helping to shape FMG's perspective on federal policy pertaining
to evidence building through for white papers, blogs, editorials,
conference presentations, and other modes of thought
- Supervising and mentoring FMG staff about policies governing
evidence building and use in the federal government.
- Managing the successful execution of PEPA projects, including
scheduling, technical quality, financial performance, and client
- Graduate degree in social sciences, public policy, or related
- A minimum of 8 years of post-graduate applied experience
contributing to and leading research, evaluation, and evidence
building projects, preferably for federal clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in federal policies and regulations
about evidence building and data use, including the Foundations for
Evidence-Based Policymaking Act (and OMB guidance on
implementation), the President's Management Agenda, the Grant
Reporting Efficiency and Agreements Transparency (GREAT) Act, and
the process for agency development of strategic plans and
- Demonstrated experience leading training and technical
assistance sessions focused on generating, using, and communicating
- Demonstrated ability developing a variety of high-quality
written and presentation work products and deliverables with
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications
skills, including proposal writing.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security
investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to
- Ability to make an impact on people's live, both internal and
external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term
disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each
employee to take leave as they require it to balance the
responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying
about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the
days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting
period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your
expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the
certified B Corp network.
Keywords: Fors Marsh Group, Arlington , Managing Researcher, Evidence Building and Use, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!