Senior Linux Administrator - Secret clearance
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Travel Required: NoneRequisition Type: RegularGDIT is seeking a
Senior Linux Administrator to help support the Joint Service
Provider Enterprise Transport Management (JSP ETM) at the Pentagon
in Arlington, VA. Due to the nature of work, telecommuting is not
allowed and will require full-time onsite support.This position
will deploy, configure, test, and manage COTS products and
customize tools to ensure applications meet documented Operations
and Engineering program requirements. A typical day in this role
- Administer various EMS applications that supports Engineering,
Operations, and Security departments.
- Assist with the development of system architectures and project
- Provide application maintenance patching, pilot testing,
software upgrades, and deployment support of new software baselines
for the Production environment.
- Serve as a liaison with clients, participating in meetings to
ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOPs on existing and
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing
- Coordinates system development to include design, modeling,
security, integration and formal testing.
- Manages and documents system configurations.
- Oversees the transition into production process.
- Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation
to insure efficient planning and execution.
- Participate in special projects as required.REQUIRED
- Active Secret security clearance
- Current 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+ CE,
- Active Operating System certification
- Bachelor's Degree or work-related experience in lieu of
- 8+ years of experience in systems engineering, administration,
- Experience with VMware
- Hands-on experience with Red Hat Linux and Solaris operating
systems and administration.
- Experience with the following is ideal: Microsoft Windows
Server 2008/2012 operating systems and administration, Open LDAP,
RSA SecurID, VMware/Hypervisor, Remedy Ticketing System, Single
Sign On (SSO) tools integration.
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with scripting in Linux
- Competent to work at a technical level on all phases of
application administration activities.
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening
skills and follow through.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to report full-time onsite as indicated above.DESIRED
- Active Secret with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
About Our WorkWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.COVID-19 VaccinationGDIT does
not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Arlington , Senior Linux Administrator - Secret clearance, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!