Company: American Trucking Associations
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation's leading
trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is
actively seeking an energetic and creative Events Specialist. This
position supports the Vice President of Event Services and other
mid-level Event Services staff on all facets of assigned ATA
meetings, conferences, and conventions.
An ideal candidate will have experience in conference and event
management. This position requires moderate levels of travel
(approximately 5 times a year) for ATA meetings/conferences and
site visits. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys travel
and seeks a role where they can wear multiple hats. This position
requires excellent detail orientation, negotiation, and
The core functions of this position are:
Logistics - Assist in the management and coordination of the
logistical arrangements for external conventions and meetings.
Coordinate rental of ATA Conference Rooms and provide logistic for
events/meetings internally and with building management. Solicit
and review RFPs for hotels/convention centers to host various audio
visual, production, and/or security services/suppliers. Provide
input on negotiations and finalizing contracts with hotels,
convention centers and vendors.
Digital Event Services - Maintain yearly schedule of ATA events.
Monitor ATA web site and coordinate current information and listing
of events/meetings. Assist in the development of promotional
materials. Provide support related on various event technology
including conference mobile app, session scanners, and exhibitor
lead retrieval. Monitor and coordinate event production through
different media assets, such as mobile apps, online surveys,
Housing - Provide housing support for VIPs, Staff and Speakers at
Education/Relevant Experience -
- BS/BA degree in Travel & Tourism, Event Management, Business
Management, or a related field.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in meetings management with an
association or corporation of equal or larger size and/or hotel
experience in convention services and catering.
Skills Requirements -
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks and meet
- Must be able to travel and perform on-site functions (i.e.
physical stamina for long days with extensive walking and
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Must have demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute event
planning details with impeccable organizational skills;
- Must have ability to develop and sustain vendor
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team
Professional Certification and Affiliations -
- Membership in PCMA a plus.
Keywords: American Trucking Associations, Arlington , Events Specialist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!