Environmental Compliance Specialist
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos has an opening for an
Environmental Compliance Specialist to support various
environmental programs. The successful candidate for this position
will serve as a full-time employee who will work as part of a team
or solo to conduct multimedia environmental compliance assessments
and provide environmental compliance assistance. - The candidate
must be able to identify, analyze, and document environmental
compliance deficiencies as a result of applying knowledge of
federal, state, and local regulations. These locations may include
all 50 states and territories. Extensive travel is required; up to
75% of the time. Audits are normally conducted on a weekly basis,
with travel possible on Sunday or Monday and travel back to home
location on Friday. - Travel may occur in back-to-back weeks.
- Conduct environmental compliance audits of government and
commercial facilities to ensure compliance with local, state, and
Federal environmental laws and regulations and agency environmental
policies and procedures.
- Identify audit findings, both positive and negative, of
environmental-related operations, and develop recommendations, and
corrective actions to mitigate environmental hazards across various
environmental media, including but not limited to, air emissions,
potable water, water pollution control, hazardous materials
management, solid and hazardous waste management, storage tank
management, toxic substances control, etc.
- Develop audit reports to confirm findings of the audits and
provide recommendations to address root causes of the deficiencies
noted to provide long-term solutions and improve the state of
- Assist clients with writing SPCC Plans, SWPPPs, EPCRA Tier II
and TRI reports, and other compliance assistance as requested.
- Use teaching and directional tools to help educate and train
personnel receiving the compliance audit.
- Clearly explain and brief findings to customers in a formal
- Perform quality assurance reviews and editing of written
- Act independently and as part of a multimedia audit team to
ascertain compliance and recommend appropriate action to assure
compliance and/or return to compliance.
- Conduct environmental compliance research in advance of the
audit to prepare for the unique aspects of the facility to be
- Conduct in-briefing with leadership and interview
agency/facility staff, review documentation, and observe operations
to confirm the status of compliance.
- Develop out-briefing documents and apprise leadership of the
findings of the audit, providing recommendations to improve
compliance status. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an environmental/science or a related
field and at least 10 years' experience in the environmental
- Extensive knowledge of federal environmental laws and
regulations (RCRA, CAA, CWA, OPA, EPCRA, SDWA, etc.) and knowledge
of state regulations.
- Willing and able to travel for multiple weeks in a row, but
home on weekends.
- Willing to work on a variety of environmental compliance
- Must be computer literate with a capability to work in a team
or solo environment. -
- Must be able to work well under limited supervision.
- Must be able to follow specific, detailed procedures and be
able to review work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Must be able to multi-task. Preferred Qualifications
- Professional certifications to include Certified Professional
Environmental Auditor, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, ISO
14001:2015 Auditor training are preferred. Must be able to pass a
Public Trust background investigation. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S.
Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S.
persons. Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Arlington , Environmental Compliance Specialist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!