Patient Care Representative-Float Pool
Company: Virginia Hospital Center Arlington Health System
Posted on: January 16, 2022
-Patient Care RepresentativeTitle: Patient Care
RepresentativeSchedule: PRN (As needed up to 40 hours)Location:
Home Base: Hospital (Float Varies) -Creating the best outcomes for
our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital
Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the
top-level of the profession. -Virginia Hospital Center is a strong
advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative
environment in which the healthcare team works closely together,
bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of
providing superior medical care for our patients. - - -The Patient
Care Representative schedules, meets, greets, and registers
patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Answers
and routes telephone calls and messages. Coordinates insurance
verifications and preauthorizations. Takes payments and completes
daily batching. Maintains medical records and prepares charts for
clinic sessions. Provides assistance as needed to physicians,
Practice Administrator, and clinical staff. -Pay & Benefits: -In
addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major
holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and
- College Diploma -or certificate preferred.
- Two years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of medical office or hospital scheduling systems and
electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing and
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal
communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone
etiquette. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize
responsibilities. Must maintain a high level of
- Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and
ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
- Greets all patients in a courteous, professional manner.
- Obtains and accurately enters patient information into
registration system. -
- Provides registration face sheet to patients to review; make
changes as necessary in the registration system.
- Efficiently and correctly schedules patient appointments
according to departmental procedure. -
- Answers the phone within three rings -
- Handles multiple telephone lines with high call volumes.
Screens and routes all call appropriately. -
- Files correpsondence promptly in patient charts when returned
from clinician or manager. -
Keywords: Virginia Hospital Center Arlington Health System, Arlington , Patient Care Representative-Float Pool, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!