Virtual Server Administrator
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos is pleased to announce that
it has been awarded the Service Management, Integration and
Transport (SMIT)program This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion
contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the
main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. In support of
this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Virtual Server
Administrator in Arlington, VA to join our Team. The Leidos team
will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet,
including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk,
and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in
unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve
capability and service while also saving significant dollars by
focusing efforts under one enterprise network. Job Description The
qualified candidate will m anage and operate a virtualized
Microsoft (MS) environment. Other duties and responsibilities
include the following:
- Perform Daily Status checks of 6 Nutanix Clusters (Virtual
Environments) and complete reports with any alerts or errors.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with both
internal and external customers who use MITSC-E Virtual Machines
and Remedy Ticketing systems.
- Develop the physical Virtual Infrastructure design, addressing
performance criteria and standards for transition from VMWare to
Nutanix Virtual Environment.
- Work closely with section lead to oversee and manage daily
operations to meet established goals.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that systems, network,
and data users are aware, understand, and follow network IA
policies and procedures.
- Installed software for Nutanix configuration for Virtual
Machines running Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, Windows 10, RHEL 6/7,
and integrated with Active Directory to configure end-user
- Perform routine checks from vendor software for update software
packages. Perform Proof of Concept and Stability in a Staging
environment before applying to production systems.
- Ensure Recovery checkpoints are completed on an hourly, daily,
and weekly basis.
- Report On-Site to local Data Center and remote Disaster
Recovery locations for hardware component replacement.
- Submit Support requests with vendors for issues that cannot be
resolved through Knowledge Base information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve systems failures and application
issues with information system developers, customers and
- Installed, configured and administered a wide variety of:
windows and linux/unix operating systems, servers, workstations,
desktops, storage, network components for Local Area Networks
(LANs), Storage Attached Network (SAN) switches.
- Utilize Remedy Tickets to troubleshoot and resolve customer
issues, documented actions taken, routed tickets to other sections
- Built, monitored, maintained, upgraded and secured server and
storage hardware systems on NIPRNET and SIPRNET networks
- Acted as POC for maintenance and administration of systems for
both onsite and remote locations.
- Routinely provide after-hours and weekend support for customers
with Maintenance windows outside of regular working hours.
- Recommend and implement changes to information systems via
approval from management and Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Utilized VMware vSphere vCenter and Nutanix Acropolis to manage
multiple ESXi and AHV hosts; datastore clusters, and virtual
- Configured virtual networks utilizing distributed switches,
configured datastores, created VM templates, generated snapshots,
applied patches and updates to vCenter Server and its components as
well as Nutanix Acropolis.
- Created baselines to apply patches and updates using VMware
- Utilized vSphere Data Protection (vDP) to provide VM and Volume
level backups to ensure systems were recoverable in the event of
- Conduct system diagnostics, repaired and or replaced electronic
equipment hardware such as storage, switches, CPUs, system boards,
Network Interface Cards (NICs), storage arrays and other hardware
- Manage Nutanix Acropolis, Nutanix AHV, Windows Server 2016,
Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, VMware vSphere
vCenter 5.x and 6.x, ESXi 5.x and 6.x, Linux, Red Hat Enterprise
Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Assist customers in installation, configuration,
troubleshooting and maintenance for various hardware and
- Generated trouble tickets and Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP)s to document work performed.
- Performed system security checks, applied security measures as
appropriate, patched systems using Common Vulnerabilities and
Exposures (CVE) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts
(IAVA) according to Operational Directives (OpDirs) to ensure
compliance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Applied DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
on information systems/software to meet stringent security
compliance requirements. Remediated vulnerabilities discovered from
Retina security scans.Basic Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 5
Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), clustering, Domain Name
System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Must possess VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Must possess VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
within 6 months. Pay Range: REQNUMBER: R-00065837All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in
accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Leidos, Arlington , Virtual Server Administrator, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!