Client Services Specialist, Marine Services EHS
Posted on: January 12, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. It operates a network of over 2,000
offices and laboratories around the world.
The Client Services Specialist, Marine Services EHS will be the
main point of contact for customers ordering environmental
compliance testing for vessels. The Client Services Specialist,
Marine Services EHS will scope, quote, schedule, and dispatch
sample collection and analysis projects to field and laboratory
assets in their territory, reporting to the Manager, Client
Services EHS and collaborating with the Operations, Inspection,
Sales, Technical, and Laboratory staff to ensure customer needs are
met and internal protocols are followed. This position will report
into the Manager, Client Services EHS.
The Client Services Specialist, Marine Services EHS
- Serves as the main points of contact for ship owners and other
customers requesting environmental sampling and/or analysis on
vessels and related projects.
- Outlines the scope, quotes, schedules, and dispatches sample
collection and analysis projects for ships to field and laboratory
assets in their territory.
- Acts as the liaison and advocate for the customer's needs,
requests, and requirements when leveraging SGS and/or non-SGS
Samplers, Laboratories, Management, Sales, and Business Development
resources to complete projects.
- Delivers on time and accurate final reports and invoices to
customers that meet SGS, market, regulatory, and customer
- Consults with customers to develop analysis protocols, create
testing schedules, interpret results, and make recommendations for
- Maintains and delivers accurate and detailed documentation for
projects, both electronic and hardcopy, following SGS systems and
- Facilitates operational excellence by communicating customer
needs and SGS Marine Service best practices to internal and
external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate solutions to
increase customer satisfaction and workplace efficiency.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of regulatory requirements,
onboard treatment systems, and SGS policies, procedures, and
- Engages with customers to develop relationships based on trust
- Engages with vessel crews and Ship's Agents to ensure
successful execution of projects.
- Performs sample collection onboard vessels as needed.
- Performs business development and sales functions as
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Travels up to 10% of time. Some travel might be
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree AND a minimum of 2 years of experience in
Laboratory, Technical, Business, Shipping, or Project Management OR
equivalent combination of education and experience
- High School/Associate/Bachelors/Masters/MBA/Doctorate degree in
Marine Environmental, Environmental Science, or related field
preferred. Degrees in other fields will also be considered, or
equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in Marine Environmental Compliance,
Technical Lab work, Marine Policy, Marine Logistics, or related
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft office suite
required. Advanced experience with Laboratory Information Systems
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, high volume, high
growth environment, balancing several assignments concurrently with
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, on
phone, and via email with internal stakeholders and all levels of
management of customer
- Ability to gather and review information and synthesize data
for reports and other written materials.
- Impeccable accuracy required, attention to detail required
- High level ability to influence stakeholders and
- Professional credibility, preferable through an understanding
of the environmental, shipping, and/or treatment system
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS Operational Integrity
policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions by participating
in the SGS culture of safety to attend safety meetings, complete
required training, intervening in case of unsafe situations,
refusing unsafe work, and fully complying with laws, regulations,
internal, and customer requirements for health and safety.
- Technical laboratory analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of shipping industry preferred.
- Logistics experience preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations preferred.
- Shipboard experience preferred.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS, Arlington , Client Services Specialist, Marine Services EHS, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!