Freelance Designer, PBS NewsHour
Company: WETA/PBS NewsHour
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Description PBS Newshour is looking to expand it's pool of
freelancer designers. We're looking for designers with strong
information graphics and storytelling skills, and specializes in
motion graphics and animation to support our Broadcast Design team.
They will gather information and illustrative material, including
stills, for the creation of graphic content for the PBS Newshour.
They will work with, producers, journalists and control room
personnel to ensure their graphic needs are delivered to a high
- Produce quick turnaround graphics for major live news events,
like debates, speeches etc.
- Develop original work and build animated and still graphics for
local and national television productions including programs
(opens, packaging elements), interstitial materials (campaigns,
tune-in promos and key art).
- Provide feedback to producers and participate in editing and
post production sessions to ensure that design is properly placed
- Suggest new and innovative solutions to tell stories, if you
see a way to improve.
- Responsible for archiving program graphics.
- Maintaining accurate work and billing hours. Qualifications
- Knowledge of and ability to use graphic design, animation,
postproduction, and editing tools.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of computer
technology to efficiently accomplish tasks
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
and Blender. Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and
in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere
of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline
- Excellent typographic and compositional skills.
- Able to receive and give constructive feedback in a
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
written. Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using
diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Keep abreast of technologies as they apply to motion graphics,
digital technology and graphic design; and recommend design tools
for generating and executing design work. Education and Experience
- Two (2) plus years' experience. Ability to use in Mac and
- Experience with Chyron a plus. This posting to build our
freelance pool of talent and we may not be in contact right away.
CategoryGraphic DesignersExperience2 yearsJob typeFull time
Keywords: WETA/PBS NewsHour, Arlington , Freelance Designer, PBS NewsHour, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!