Security Cooperation Program Coordinator
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-09-24
* Category: *Defense/Intel
* Subcategory: *Policy Analyst
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Minimum Clearance Required: *Secret
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *TS/SCI
* Potential for Remote Work: *No
The Security Cooperation (SC) Program Coordinator will work onsite
at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) headquarters and
coordinate with the DSCA staff and the assessment teams at
Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) to plan, schedule, arrange
logistics for, and perform assessment, monitoring, and evaluation
(AME) activities for DoD (Title 10) security cooperation programs
on a global basis. The SC Program Coordinator will work as a member
of a team of SC Program Coordinators at DSCA to assist GCC AME
teams in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational
capacity and capability improvements in foreign security
* REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:*
* Bachelor's degree.
* In-depth knowledge of DoD Title 10 security cooperation programs,
State Department Title 22 security assistance programs, and the
Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
* Minimum 10 years' military experience as a U.S. armed forces
* Minimum five years of project management experience, including
requirement gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing program
* Experience as a staff officer or action officer at a major DoD
headquarters, e.g., OSD, Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff,
Defense agency, or Service headquarters.
* Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign
military senior officers and officials in a respectful,
professional, and direct manner.
* Professional in conduct and appearance.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write
high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S.
military and civilian officials.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support,
scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
* Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a
high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all
work, while tracking multiple tasks.
* Able and willing to travel in locally provided aircraft,
vehicles, and boats for trips to remote bases.
* Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
* Physically fit, specifically able and willing to walk up to two
miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb
towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles,
aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work
in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds,
rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
* DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:*
* Army, Air Force, Marine, or Navy foreign area officer (FAO) or
equivalent, with experience working in a US Office of Security
Cooperation (OSC) or equivalent, coordinating security assistance
and security cooperation programs for partner nations.
* Background as a military officer with combat experience and one
or more of the following specific qualifications:
* Army or Marine Infantry Officer
* Navy Surface Warfare Officer
* Military Communications / Cyber Officer
* Army Special Forces / Marine Raider Officer
* Army or Marine Air Defense Officer
* Five years of experience in organizational learning, lessons
learned policy or application, or organizational change
* Master's degree and/or diploma from a US military or partner
nation Command and Staff College or equivalent.
* Five years' experience and knowledge of public policy and
* Five years' experience planning, designing, and implementing
assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programs in the security
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an
exemption to the vaccination requirement at [Contact
Us](https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an
approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer
site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence
over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC-- is a premier Fortune 500-- technology integrator driving our
nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of
offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence
markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital,
artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise
and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we
integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our
partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions that are critical to achieving our customers'
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an [Equal
fostering a respectful work culture based on [diversity, equity,
that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia,
SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit [saic.com](http://www.saic.com/).
Keywords: SAIC, Arlington , Security Cooperation Program Coordinator, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!