Company: Arlington National Cemetery
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About the Position: The position is for a Security Specialist with
Arlington National Cemetery, located in Arlington, VA. Since May of
1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's
premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women
who served in the Armed Forces.
Learn more about this agency
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates
10/29/2021 to 11/05/2021
$103,690 - $134,798 per year
- Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Arlington, VA
- Telework eligible
Yes-as determined by the agency policy.
- Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
0080 Security Administration
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement number
- Control number
This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a
land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Veterans Clarification from the agency
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more
information on who is eligible to apply for this position.
- Serve as the Protection Program Division Chief with
responsibility for planning, developing, and executing the
functional elements of the Army Protection Program for current and
future cemetery operations.
- Manages ANC's anti-terrorism, physical security, information
security, force protection, operations security, emergency
management, and personnel security programs.
- Act as the Chairman of the Protection Working Group responsible
for providing leadership with updates from the Protection Program
Division staff about how they are enhancing the cemetery?s overall
- Conducts studies, analyses, and projects to develop methods,
techniques, and procedures for development and implementation for
the Protection Program at ANC.
- Maintain liaison with Office of Personnel Management (OPM), DoD
Central Adjudication Facility, and Major Commands (MACOMs) to
resolve personnel security matters.
- Conduct physical security surveys/inspections and recommends
upgrading or additional security systems (i.e. locks, security
containers, and ID systems) to safeguard facilities and
- Conduct oversight of the cemetery emergency action plan
development, coordination, and implementation to respond to a
variety of serious incidents that can occur on the cemetery
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty
location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November
22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what
documentation is needed and how to request any legally required
exceptions from this requirement.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance
with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include
timelines for receiving required doses, at the following:
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet,
and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or
categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive
list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998In order to
qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including
volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your
relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your
transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes collaborating with external personnel to facilitate
security clearances for civilian employees; implementing physical
security measures for a command such as closed circuit TVs,
electronic access control systems, and cipher locks; developing
emergency action plans for an installation; conducting
anti-terrorism assessments of facilities. This definition of
specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next
lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Information Security
- Personnel Security
- Physical Security
- Planning and Evaluating
- Vulnerabilities Assessment and ManagementTime in Grade
Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS)
position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal
service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 - Physical Security and Law
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position has been identified for the Security Professional
Education Development (SPeD) Certification Program. This is the
Department of Defense (DoD) Security Certification Program directed
by DoD Instruction 3305.13. It is approved by the Assistant
Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs for use in
the Army via the following memorandum: Memorandum, Assistant
Secretary of Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, dated 8
September 2015, subject: Security Professional Education
Development (SPeD) Certification Program. The SPeD certification is
DoD's initiative to professionalize the security workforce by
establishing a common set of competencies for security
practitioners that promotes interoperability, facilitates
professional development and training, and develops a workforce of
certified security professionals. This position requires the
incumbent obtain the following core SPeD Certification: Security
Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) within their first
two years of employment.
- This is as a Mission Essential (ME) position and is occupied by
an agency designated Emergency employee. You will be expected to
report to or remain at your worksite during dismissal or closure
situations...... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington , Security Specialist, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!