Vice President Business Development and Strategy - Maritime
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Gibbs and Cox Operation (GCO) of Leidos is an
industry-recognized innovative leader that delivers speed, agility
and high quality maritime architecture, engineering and design
technology for surface and subsurface manned and unmanned vessels
while lowering costs and contributing to our customers’
success. GCO specializes in such areas as various phases of
ship design, marine engineering, autonomy, undersea sensors,
optical communications, as well as many other advanced technologies
and has the reputation as the “go to” organization to solve complex
challenges presented by newly emerging capabilities.
As the Business Development Lead for the GCO, you thrive in an
environment where you are responsible for the management and
execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple
simultaneous pursuits and customers. You understand the
Corporate strategy and how your organization meets strategic
goals. You are fluent in company capabilities and
competencies. You support the Operation Manager by
ensuring his/her overall BD strategy aligns with Corporate goals
and maximizes organizational strengths. You perform market
and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and
execute formal capture plans, support marketing efforts and monitor
market and competitor activity. You develop and nurture
internal and external partnerships and relationships.
You manage a team of business development professionals,
including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts. You support
the Operation Manager by ensuring the organization maintains a
healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win
strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Supports overall strategic planning by identifying and
developing a pipeline of opportunities that provide an opportunity
to grow market share and revenue.
- Provide leadership, management and oversight for
pursuits/capture activities with a goal of meeting / exceeding the
business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor
strength/ competencies and their impact and positioning.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and
teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition
strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly
pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda
development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews,
black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and
proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities
and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages a team of
business development and capture management professionals.
- May have other business activities, such as investigating and
evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures,
geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new
business/market opportunities to determine if such activities are
in line with the organization's overall strategy and
- Responsible for professional development of BD workforce
- Creates workforce and staffing plans for function/families to
ensure efficient use of resources.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of Business
Development related experience (developing and implementing new
programs, business or customer relationships), including 12 years
of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Business development and capture experience with US Navy
Acquisition and Maritime technical organizations and processes,
including but not limited to: experience with Naval Sea
Systems Command, Program Executive Office (PEO), Naval Surface
Warfare Centers, Pentagon resource sponsors, type commanders.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline
management across multiple Defense Community organizations and
program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Defense Community and
Government and DoD personnel
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry
- Travel as required estimated 20-30% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to
present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship
management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have”
but not required.
- US Navy/Marine Corps Acquisition program experience; Program
Manager, Deputy Program Manager, Principle Assistant Program
Manager, Business Director, Acquisition Manager, Technical
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing
win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape
acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with senior management, technical staff, division
managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5
billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree
Keywords: Leidos, Arlington , Vice President Business Development and Strategy - Maritime, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!