Sr Capture Manager - C4ISR
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking an
experienced Senior Capture Manager to support the pursuit of
opportunities across the Department of Defense.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for the capture
leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the C4ISR growth
strategy. The Senior Capture Manager must thrive in an environment
where they are responsible for the management and execution of the
full Capture life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous
pursuits and proposals. The Senior Capture Manager will routinely
be assigned 2-3 large (>$50M) pursuits at various stages of
capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously
served as a capture manager with proven experience supporting DoD
C4ISR customers and have a network of contacts.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a
vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the
vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the
procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities
and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through
final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution
team to perform quickly post award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the
customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and
capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and
teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition
strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include
opportunity gate reviews, color team reviews, collaboration and
workshop sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win
- Develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated
marketing for assigned opportunities
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities,
including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and
executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Operation and Group
management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
- Support the writing of white papers, RFI responses, and other
proposal artifacts as assigned
- Apply a practical application (including documentation) of the
Leidos capture planning process and practices
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified
milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and
- Support other business development activities as assigned
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity
capture participants to document lessons learned and identify
necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing,
engineering or computer science) and 12+ years of related
experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant
experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu
of a degree.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing
win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape
acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and
- Proven track record of successful capture management in the
C4ISR market across multiple organizations and program offices in
the Department of Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends
and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor
behaviors in the market.
- Proven experience leading and working with virtual and
geographically diverse teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational
- Strong written and oral communication skills with prior
experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and
- Technical writing and proposal development experience.
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to
support customer visits and strategy workshops.
- Estimated up to 50% annually as required
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Army/Navy/Air Force C4ISR systems highly
- Program Management, Business Development or Systems Engineering
experience a plus.
- Completed professional training in Business Development /
- Advanced degree in related field
Keywords: Leidos, Arlington , Sr Capture Manager - C4ISR, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!