Mgr, Program Performance Expert, ARD-TS
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Primarily support the assessment, analysis, planning,
coordination, implementation, and evaluation of R2 Professional
Development (PD), Quality Control (QC), and Curricula processes
affecting the Performance Centers (PC), satellite PCs, and the
full-time Master Military Resilience Trainers (MRT)-PEs. This
position is a critical R2 program leadership position, joining the
Program Manager (PM), Alternate Program Manager, (APM), and
Operations Manager (OM) to form the core PMO leadership team. The
position involves high-level customer facing engagements with
senior Army leaders, their spouses, and senior R2 leadership. Must
be prepared for interactions with AFSC-MF senior leaders. Is the
senior Master Resilience Trainer/MRT-PE Advisor to the program
leadership team. Specific areas of emphasis include, but are not
limited to, PD, QC, and Curricula processes. Responsibility
includes accompanying the Program Manager or Assistant Program
Manager on site visits which, on average, will occur for one week
every other month and focus on providing and receiving feedback in
assigned focus areas.
- Serves as the senior MRT-PE Advisor to the R2 leadership team
(contract and government partner).
- Acts as the R2 contract Program Manager (PM) in the absence of
the PM, the APM, and OM (Fourth ranking leader in a program of 307
- Models the KSAs of an effective MRT-PE for 237 team
- Leads the Regional MRT-PE Advisory Council.
- Identifies opportunities to improve PD, QC, Curricula, and
other program focus areas as assigned.
- Initiates communication at the appropriate program level to
address MRT-PE professionalization issues.
- Collaborates with PMO leadership, PCM Regional Leads and MRT-PE
Advisors, PCMs and Local MRT-PE Advisors to identify Tiger Team
projects and establish project groups.
- Assesses, analyzes, and evaluates SR2’s PD program,
continuously seeking opportunities to improve content, delivery,
- Assists in the development of other Regional MRT-PE Advisors
and Senior Local MRT/PE Advisors to assume increased MRT-PE
- Supports assigned QC functions and site visits to improve
effectiveness, efficiency, and return on investment to the
- Supervises Curriculum Development Team.
- Collaborates with the Knowledge Management (KM) Team,
Operations/Training Support Team, Regional MRT-PE Advisors, the
government partner, and other stakeholders to prioritize Curriculum
Development Team (CDT) work and guide efforts to develop fully
informed curricula recommendations.
- Works closely with the KM Manager to increase effectiveness and
use of SR2 KM platform.
- Supports high-visibility SR2 MRT-PE training and skill
demonstrations as requested.
- Frequently collaborates with program managers and program team
- Participates in meetings as requested.
- Understands program mission and needs of audience and applies
that understanding to assigned duties.
- Evaluates successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Stays well-informed on industry trends.
- Adheres to AFSC policies and procedures.
- Provides direct supervision to four CDT members, to include
direction of all day-to-day activities, routine performance
feedback, administering personnel performance evaluations, and
participating in the compensation review process.
- Leads (Assesses, Implements, Sustains, Improves, and Evaluates)
program-level Professional Development (PD) and Professional
Education (PE) for the Performance Experts:
- Performs periodic MRT-PE Recertifications.
- Monitors monthly, decentralized PD conducted at PCs.
- Enables access to research through the Knowledge Management
- Facilitates mentoring Program to prep API/L3 and PI/L4
- Encourages participation in Professional Associations,
- Overseas the New Hire Certification Course and related
- Sets conditions for expanding R2 Cadre capability.
- Develops COAs for Performance Expert-focused PD/PE within
- Provides Technical Expertise to influence and shape key
program-level Quality Control performance measures and contract
- Serves as R2’s program MRT-PE role model (Be, Know, Do).
- Conducts Site Visits with PM or APM.
- Contributes to Site Visit AARs.
- Organizes Tiger Teams to define and measure performance
- Works with Regional PE Advisors and PC Advisors to identify and
implement best practices.
- Leads the R2 Program’s.
- Champions MRT-PE (NCO-like) Support Channel, as a key enabler
of the PM, Regional PCM Lead, PCM chain of command.
- Chairs Regional PE Advisor Council and presents council ideas,
initiatives, continuous improvement suggestions, and validated best
practices to the Program Manager for implementation
- Overseas implementation of the Local PE Advisor initiative at
all 30 Performance Centers.
- Coordinates with the PMO Operations Manager and Knowledge
Manager to identify, prioritize, develop, implement, and evaluate
initiatives to increase engagement, communication, and
connectedness with R2 Program MRT-PEs across the enterprise.
- Must possess a masters or doctoral degree from an accredited
college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling
Psychology, Counseling Education, Coaching Education, or
Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance
- Self-direction, initiative, exceptional interpersonal skills
(verbal and written), agile thinking, adaptive, collaborative,
influential, and expert knowledge levels of MRT and PE knowledge,
skills, and abilities (KSAs).
- At least three years as a MRT-PE Primary Instructor (Level 4)
or Assistant Primary Instructor (Level 3).
- Government/contractor experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
is a must.
- Possess strong organizational skills regarding team structure,
program resources, project management, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word,
- High attention to detail.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both
verbal and written; must develop effective working relationships
and build and sustain high levels of respect among SR2 contract,
government partner, and senior AFSC-MF stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a project independently or collaborate as
part of a team initiative.
- Capable of working with little direction, but also able to ask
questions and reach out for guidance and mentorship.
- Assess and manage overall workload, setting deadlines and
controlling expectations for individual tasks.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and time sensitive tasks.
- Honor confidentiality.
- Must be eligible to obtain and retain a “Secret” level security
- Memberships and certifications within a professional
association related to the Program Performance Expert Advisor role,
for example, the Association for Applied Sports Psychology (AASP)
membership Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) or
American Board of Sport Psychology (ABSP).
Mgr, Program Performance Expert, ARD-TS
Masters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Education (Required),
Masters: Kinesiology (Required), Masters: Psychology (Required),
PhD: Counseling, PhD: Education, PhD: Kinesiology, PhD: Psychology
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Arlington , Mgr, Program Performance Expert, ARD-TS, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!