Support the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for
Health Services and Policy Oversight (HSP&O) and the Director,
Defense Health Agency (DHA), in their missions of policy and
program development and oversight of the Disability Evaluation
System (DES), the Special Compensation for Assistance with
Activities of Daily Living (SCAADL), the Physical Disability Board
of Review, and the Compensation and Benefits Handbook. This work
will facilitate the Military Departments’ integrated delivery of
services and benefits for wounded, injured and ill Service members
who may be physically unfit to continue their military service and
will support efforts to minimize the impact this population has on
the readiness and lethality of the force.
· Develop, refine and generate standing and frequent ad hoc
reports using a variety of DoD-approved data analysis software to
analyze and report on large data sets from multiple data
· Analyze, recommend and execute data analysis and reporting
methods to best meet the needs of the government.
· Develop and deliver recurring reports including monthly
performance reports, quarterly quality assurance reports, annual
process reports, survey outcome results, etc. All reports will be
clear, concise, accurate, relevant and timely.
· Analyze DES and SCAADL data and reports and assist in the
distribution to appropriate stakeholders. Maintain written
reporting procedures for recurrent reports.
· Utilize existing economic, scientific and modeling and
simulation tools to determine the impact of policy and/or
procedural changes as warranted.
· Military background and/or experience supporting the military
· Knowledge of business and management principles involving
strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
· 5+ years of experience as an operations research
analyst/Systems Analyst (ORSA)
· 5 or more years’ experience in program assessment and
evaluation, budget analysis and/or decision analysis.
· Ability to analyze data and present common language solutions
to complex problems. Expert level use of Excel and MS Office
applications for budget, mathematical and statistical formula
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
within team environment.
· Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
· Professional experience and expertise with modeling and
simulation tools such as Python, R, R Shiny.
Education Level: BA or BS degree is required in mathematics,
statistics, finance or similar discipline of relevance.
Clearance: Background Investigation: Public Trust - Favorable
Operations Research Analyst/Systems Analysis (ORSA)
GED, High School
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.