Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Do you enjoy figuring out what drives customer decisions? Love
working with engineers and talking about technical products? Amazon
is seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated individual to
join our Technical Customer Experience Strategy team in
Our team provides a service that gathers broad customer signals
on Amazon's technical products, and presents recommendations to
senior leaders to drive changes that ultimately better serve our
customers. We cover technical products across a variety of areas
including cloud computing (e.g., serverless, elastic compute, and
containers), machine learning / artificial intelligence (e.g.,
vision, natural language processing and understanding), big data,
and Alexa's developer experience.
The person in this role will pilot and build new methodologies,
from social listening to focus groups, to expand the capabilities
of the team and help provide a more comprehensive view of our
customers. An expert in mixed method research, you'll use your
analytical and product management skills to follow the data, but
still deliver on time. This candidate must possess excellent
analytical skills, knowledge of product management practices,
project management experience, and a track record of delivering
projects in a complex and ambiguous environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
You will execute programs across multiple technical product
lines (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Alexa, Digital) partnering with
senior business leaders to develop customer insight studies and
conducting hands-on research. You will create new research
methodologies and advise and train teammates to use them. You will
help Amazon continually raise the bar and help achieve our vision:
to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. The right candidate is
intrigued by and passionate about technology, and will be excited
about the opportunity to be our Customers' advocate and influence
their experience on Amazon!
- Manage Ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across
business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses
and translate this into analysis requirements and identify
meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer
- Product Management: Lead large and complex studies, including:
scope alignment with business leaders, design, data collection and
analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior
- Stakeholder Management: Build strong relations with internal
stakeholders to understand priorities, define our roadmap and to
collaborate and work with them on studies and actions to implement
product and service solutions.
- Customer-Focus: Plan and deliver customer insight products by
working backwards from customer needs, for example: scoping each
unique effort, design, data collection, data analysis, customer
engagement, and providing recommendations which are presented to
- Technical Solutions: Collaborate with our technical service
teams (software developers, technical program managers, solution
architects, business intelligence teams) to plan, design, and
develop a portfolio of methodology, tools, and systems for data
collection, and data analysis
- Trends: Track and evaluate global industry trends
- Teamwork: Work cross-functionally with peers/colleagues
globally to support training, best practices, and shared
- Process Improvement: Continuously innovate and improve process
to optimize efficiencies
- Methodologies: Develop new methodologies and standards for
evaluating customer experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data-driven decision making.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Experience with technical stakeholders and/or colleagues.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including
experience reviewing results with senior leadership).
- Experience in areas such as management consulting, internet,
technology, or research firms.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts and/or AWS
technologies and solutions.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills,
excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!