Company: Ambit Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ambit+Greenzone is seeking a Data Engineer in Arlington,
Virginia! Our innovative customer is working to modernize the way
the agency uses big data and data analytics to meet its
investigative mission and objectives. The candidate will support
the development of an agency wide analytics platform and the
development of customized applications and tools to meet
mission-focused use-cases, using cloud and primarily open source
technologies. This position works within the agencies Innovation
Lab, an environment for the reimagination of systems and
applications that better enable the agency to accomplish its
mission through creativity and collaboration. We empower our team
to be creative, innovative, and use cutting edge tools and
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain solutions and
applications focused on data ingestion, data processing, data
analytics, and ETL.
- Building data processing and ETL pipelines to automate and,
perform routine ETL functions, using NiFi, leveraging
microservices, enrichment, and normalization services.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain data extraction,
enrichment, and normalization solutions leveraging REST APIs or
- Developing, testing, and maintaining software, applications,
and data pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with government client, project managers,
and on agile cross-functional development teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain
a government suitability clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering,
Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or related
- Two (2) years of professional experience developing, testing,
and implementing data ETL pipelines, preferably using a tool such
- Two (2) years of experience designing and implementing ETL
solutions in medium to large enterprise systems.
- One (1) year of experience developing applications leveraging
big data technologies including at least two of the following:
- One (1) year of experience leveraging NiFi to develop complex
data pipeline and ETL processes within a large enterprise
- Expert level skills with:
- Intermediate middle-tier and back-end development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high tempo office
environment on cross-functional development and project teams.
Location: Arlington, VA (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work
has been suspended until further notice)
The Ambit Way
We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or
sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and
all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and
community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer.
Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules,
job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and
support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we
focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and
no task too low - we function as ONE.
Keywords: Ambit Group, Arlington , Data Engineer, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!