Bengali Language Instructor
Company: Multilingual Solutions Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary: MLS is seeking qualified candidates to fulfil the role
of Bengali Language Instructor for a full-time position, in
Qualified candidates for this role shall demonstrate the
- Foreign Language Proficiency: All qualified candidates must be
educated native or near-native speakers of the language (preferably
Level 4 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale). Documentation
demonstrating ability to speak and teach the specific foreign
language will be required.
- English Proficiency: All qualified candidates must possess
sufficient proficiency in English (ILR proficiency Level 2 or
higher) to meet the specific training and administrative needs of
- Cultural Background: All qualified candidates must possess the
cultural background of the specific country or geographical region
required by submitting proof of being raised or educated in said
country, by living in a cultural enclave or heritage community in
another country, or by demonstrating through work experience or
academic preparation a deep understanding of the region. It is
desired, but not required, that contractors should have spent their
formal educational (secondary school and beyond) years in the
cultural environment and have been schooled there through the
equivalent of American secondary school.
In addition, each qualified candidate must have the ability
- Plan and/or conduct small and/or large group language classes
using a wide variety of language teaching methodologies and
techniques, stressing speaking, listening comprehension, and
- Use established training materials and work collaboratively and
closely with other instructors, under the direct guidance of the
Language Training Supervisor (LTS), on training and/or testing
- Adapt teaching techniques and approaches to the students'
individual learning styles and needs.
- Provide feedback and analysis of the students' progress and
problems to the COR, ACOR, or GTM and to instructional and other
staff as appropriate.
- Apply classroom management techniques to provide a respectful,
student-centered environment conducive to learning.
- Conduct informal or formal progress evaluations and/or
administer weekly quizzes and assessments to evaluate student
- Incorporate the use of instructional technology into the
instructional program as appropriate.
- Serve as mentor and facilitator of distance learning
- Plan and/or participate in non-classroom activities in the
Washington area. Activities may include visits to foreign
embassies, local community organizations, community centers,
neighborhoods, shopping areas, and restaurants where heritage
speakers live and congregate, and often involve pre-visit training
and after-action follow up.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of language
immersions. Participation is strictly voluntary. Immersions may
consist of one or more days of activities that take place outside
of the Washington area, either domestically in the United States or
overseas, and contain substantial non-classroom-like activities
that foster practical, natural use of the language.
- As required, follow techniques, methodologies, and approaches
used by the office/section.
- As required, maintain attendance records for students.
- Perform assigned tasks or execute single-handedly, the
development of language training materials or SLS-relevant
reference materials, including but not limited to text, audio,
video, and technology-based media.
- Assist with the creation and field-testing of new teaching,
study, student advisory, and/or testing materials.
- Record audio or video materials to be used in conjunction with
established language training curricula or as ancillary resources
for student self-directed study.
- Perform assigned tasks or execute single-handedly the
development of SLS-relevant research and development projects,
including but not limited to instructional, research and
development and institutions (management) data handling and
- Review and edit foreign language and/or English in
- Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions and follow
FSI and SLS procedures regarding copyright.
- Assist with drafting all required documents in the curriculum
development project approval process as well as provide status
updates on approved projects on request.
- Serve as tester for language proficiency examinations,
interacting with the examinee in the tester's native language or
language in which the tester has near-native proficiency.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in the relevant language education field is
- Experience teaching foreign language(s) to adult learners in a
classroom setting preferred.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials
and/or curricula preferred.
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for
educational purposes valued.
- Experience teaching with task-based learning materials
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments
- Experience teaching vocabulary-based language learning
- Experience delivering training targeted to the needs of the
diplomatic community valued.
- Contingent upon contract award *
Keywords: Multilingual Solutions Inc, Arlington , Bengali Language Instructor, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!