Sr. Technical Business Development
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Are you inspired to work with a team than launches products with
direct and massive impact on Amazon's customers? Are you excited to
join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services?
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center
that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal
customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the
ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon
uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale
and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon
Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be
taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of
Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services
such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon
Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use,
extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology,
we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with
businesses and how agents service them.
See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3k7Fd6_eU&t=7516s
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter
in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and
algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented
Software Development Engineers to join us to innovate on this new
service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact
centers in the cloud. The position represents a rare opportunity to
be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help
shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a
crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and
get the opportunity to design and deliver scaleable, resilient
systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
As a Technical Business Developer on our team, you will:
- Own driving strategic initiatives through completion
- Work cross-functionally across teams to solve challenging
problems using the latest technologies
- Make data-driven decisions and work with leadership across AWS
to prioritize your programs
- Negotiate with global carriers and engage with customers for
telephony related escalations
- Responsible for writing a number of different Amazon-specific
documents such as PR-FAQs, whitepapers, and similar
- Work internationally with global customers and business
stakeholders (especially in North America and EMEA markets)
This team is a great fit for you if
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great
work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working
together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working
on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by
millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their
functions and interactions.
- You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented
pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also
enjoy work life balance.
- Learn more about Amazon Connect here
- See the media coverage about Amazon Connect here
- Understand the true power of Amazon Connect here
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and
ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race
and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14
Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field required (i.e Computer
Science, Mathematics, or similar) or equivalent work
- Several years' experience with technical knowledge of Telecom
industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystems
- Several years' experience in management of technical
- Highly technical and analytical and will be capable of
understanding the complexities of negotiating complex Telecom
- Proven expertise with verbal and written English
- Deep understanding of user behavior and interactions with web
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, and a track
record of delivery.
- Strong communication skills for both a technical and business
audience, with an emphasis on writing down ideas effectively.
- 8+ years of experience working on successful technology
products from ideation through launch
- Experience in the contact center industry or B2B SaaS
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Proven ability to influence a large organization
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical
products or services for large Enterprises or partners
- 5+ years of technical knowledge of Telecom industry
applications, platforms, and data ecosystem
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe
passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our
success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and
skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Sr. Technical Business Development, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!