Senior Financial Analyst - Finance Operations Accounting & Analysis
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Financial Operations Accounting & Analysis (FOAA) FP&A
team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to
be the primary point of contact for headcount reporting and
associated operating expenses that will work closely with the
following key business partners; FOAA, Global Corporate Procurement
(GCP), and Finance Operations Risk & Intelligence (FORI).
This FP&A position will be tasked with driving the annual
operating plan, managing the forecasting process and providing
analytical support to the HQ2 leadership team.
- Establish structured/streamlined headcount/operating expense
reporting for senior leadership.
- Monitor and track central headcount targets.
- Oversee commentary and analyses related to operating expense
and headcount to be leveraged by senior leadership throughout
- Serve as a primary point of contact for senior finance
leadership. Oversee all ad hoc senior leadership requested and
deliverables related to headcount and operating expense.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past
roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in
rapidly evolving environments. This role also has regular
interaction with executives and various business units across
Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and
communication skills. This role requires the candidate to convey
complex financial programs in a clear and simple manner so all
business leaders can understand and react.
The successful candidate must be able to think and act quickly
under time pressure and manage multiple competing priorities
effectively. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of
superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering
recommendations based on this analysis. The successful candidate
must display initiative in anticipating the business demands of
senior-level business managers.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly
analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or
- 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis
and reporting financial results
- Experience in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays,
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience
delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data
interpretation of business impact and results
- 2+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis
using data reporting tools
- Experience presenting ideas to senior executives
- Demonstrated curiosity to learn complex new subjects quickly
and earn business partners' trust
- Experience in working with financial reporting systems; Cognos
or Essbase experience
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced
and rapidly changing environment
- Experience optimizing financial reports to improve transparency
and highlight variances.
- Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quantify
and dollarize complex business questions
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and
deliver actionable insight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Arlington , Senior Financial Analyst - Finance Operations Accounting & Analysis, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!