Company: The Louis Berger Group Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a full-time
Project Manager to manage, direct, and supervise project(s)
delivering primary roadway asset maintenance services to the (NOVA)
District. The Project Manager (PM) provides overall management of
the project to include: client management, achieving quality
standards, workplace/public safety, workforce scheduling, budget
control, contract compliance and reporting. This project will be
located in Arlington County.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
- Serves as the company's Project Manager and Team Leader for a
single project performing routine maintenance of highway
infrastructure, e.g. drainage structures, pavement, line striping,
landscaping, signage, etc.
- Directs employees in the execution of client projects to
include oversight of daily operations, logistics coordination,
staff identification, third party claims, customer service
requests, problem and conflict resolution, quality assurance,
deliverable submission and other requirements defined under the
client Scope of Services.
- Serves as the main point of contact for client. Manages client
relationship to communicate accomplishment of performance
objectives, submission of reports in a timely manner, and respond
- Maintain highway asset condition to required performance,
procedural, regulatory and legal standards, as applicable.
- Manages all aspects of scope, schedule and budget to drive
efficiency and financial success at the project level.
- Achieve and maintain all client rating program score
requirements for both the Maintenance Ratings Program (MRP) and the
Asset Maintenance Contractor Performance Evaluation Report
- Assists the roadway superintendent in establishing work plans,
methods, budgets and staffing, and verifies reports relating to
- Regularly validates highway inspections to ensure full
maintenance needs are met per contract specifications.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations and events
(e.g. hurricanes, floods, etc.) twenty-four hours a day.
- Travels project site to provide direction to Supervisors or
field personnel to ensure quality standards are met and issues are
- Works with company support functions to provide necessary level
of support and communication to field operations.
- Ensures compliance with company processes, policies and
procedures, and contract requirements. Understand and abide by the
standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed
in the Louis Berger Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform all other duties as prescribed by management.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of overall work experience;
Associates plus 9 years of overall work experience or 10 years of
overall work experience in lieu of a degree. Engineering degree or
Project Management Professional a plus.
- Five (5) years of directly applicable experience in a
management position delivering asset management or highway/roadway
operations and maintenance; state or local government experience a
- Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and standard
methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in highway
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings
- Knowledge of the federal, state and departmental regulations
applicable to the work, such as the proper use of safety equipment
(i.e., shoes, hard hats, goggles, etc.), equipment operation, right
of way operations, and materials handling.
- Knowledge of various highway maintenance equipment (e.g.
tractors, dozers, loaders, trucks and graders) performing highway
maintenance duties; material usage in the field and crew
operations; quantity records and supply usage.
- Knowledge of the effects weather conditions have on road
surfaces (i.e., expansion, contraction, deterioration, erosion,
etc.) and the extent these conditions effect the safe movement of
- Ability to effectively present briefings/presentations to
government personnel in senior leadership positions.
- Must be able to prioritize variable/fluctuating and demanding
workload to include flexible work hours/days as needed to meet
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read
and understand government guidance for day to day work
- Must maintain a valid United States driver's license.
- Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time,
bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended
periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy
- Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned
duties and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, including
the ability to develop and use spreadsheets.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of Virginia as
required. Minimum travel as necessary outside of the state of
Keywords: The Louis Berger Group Inc, Arlington , Project Manager, Other , Arlington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!